Cavs finally get some help for the King

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden to Chicago,

Ben Wallace and Joe Smith to Cleveland.

The Cavs' Ira Newble and Donyell Marshal, and Chicago's Adrian Griffin, to Seattle for Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West.

I love it - Cavs gave up crap, got some quality upgrades in return

yes, Wallace is older, but still a good defender and rebounder - and he can play PF now, not Center

Wally, West and Boobie shooting3's while LeBron drives

I like it!

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
I love this deal for the Cavs ... and laugh at John Paxon ... has he not watched any Cavs games?

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
Cavs also gave up Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown, and get a #2 pick from Chicago

Love it!

Hearing they are trying to sign PJ Brown as well since they now have 2 roster spots open

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: NeoV
Cavs also gave up Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown, and get a #2 pick from Chicago

Love it!

Hearing they are trying to sign PJ Brown as well since they now have 2 roster spots open

I read it was a second round pick and not a #2 pick

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Bulls apparently are opening up salary cap room. I don't know what the hail went on with wallace, but he didn't seem to play with 1/2 the energy as with detroit. I've been wondering for a while if he was an hgh user who went off it the past couple years. His ascension to the nba elite (not to mention his body build) was remarkable, and so has his descension been.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Holy crap what a great deal for the Cavs, also good to see Wally coming back to the area.

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
Ya the Cavs got a steal... Any update on Duhon? WBBM 780 reported Duhon was involved in the trade but I see no mention of this.

Edit: I have to say that the Cavs didn't get a 'steal' Smith is retiring soon & the Bulls came up with Gooden & Hughes for basically Wallace... GO BULLS =)

JasonCoder

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2005
I'll lay down money that LeBron knew about at least the effort being made towards this trade the last few days. He must have felt it had a good % of happening and was damn excited. Dude then went out and had back to back triple doubles.

Coincidence? I think not. :)

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Chiboy
Ya the Cavs got a steal... Any update on Duhon? WBBM 780 reported Duhon was involved in the trade but I see no mention of this.

Edit: I have to say that the Cavs didn't get a 'steal' Smith is retiring soon & the Bulls came up with Gooden & Hughes for basically Wallace... GO BULLS =)

I wish they would have gotten rid of heinrich. A streak-shooting point guard that can't penetrate is as effective as a 5' center. Not to mention he seems to be allergic to weight lifting and gets pushed around on screen rolls pretty easy.

dlock13

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 2006
I might actually have to go see a Cavs game now. They actually have a pretty damned good team now.