Caught between a rock and a hard place with Assassin's Creed 1

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
I want to finish this game because when I leave a game unfinished I get all these bad feels but at the same time I'm only on memory block 5 I think and this game is already sooo repetitive playing it is starting to feel like I am just trying to get through it as fast as possible...

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
It's boring. I enjoyed the first hour or so, but then yeah, got tired of it and moved on. No regrets.

KT

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
I could not get through the game no matter how many times I tried. I read the story and started up #2 and could not believe the improvements. So much better.

Honestly OP, I would say just give it up.

Feb 6, 2007
There's no reason to continue if you're bored (and you will be bored; Assassin's Creed 1 was a nice "proof of concept" but it has serious failings as an actual video game). What's your goal? No one is going to be impressed by you completing the game in spite of it boring you to tears. And it's not like there's a shortage of good games out there you could be playing instead. I vote "skip it."

Mushkins

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2013
The first Assassins Creed was a glorified tech demo to show off the massive crowds and the "climb anything" system, you could barely call it a game beyond that.

If you care about the spaghetti mess of a plot, read a synopsis on the web. If you're looking for actual engaging gameplay (though still a little repetitive and formulaic) jump into the more modern AC games. Even AC2 was leagues more of an actual game than AC1 was.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
The middle can be rough, but the ending is pretty nice.

I didn't struggle at all to beat AC1 or 2. Currently stalled in Revelations after forcing myself through Brotherhood. I'll get through it, just so I can try III out on PC, but it's not near the top of my queue currently.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
I managed to finish this game back in the day, but yes, it was painful, it gets very repetitive really fast... I wouldn't blame anyone for giving up... specially now in 2015.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Play the assassin creed 2 games, there are 3 of em. All way way better than the first and 4th series, IMO. I tried 3 and did not like it at all, never finished it or bought any more since.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Assassin's Creed 1 was a nice "proof of concept" but it has serious failings as an actual video game

That's the exact way that I look at it. Essentially, they hyped up all of the movement and such prior to release, but the story and other gameplay aspects suffered as a result. Assassin's Creed 2 is far better with its story, and Ezio is actually able to swim unlike Altair! I hated that one level (Jerusalem?) with the poles and having to jump to the lighthouse. I died so many times because Altair jumped the wrong way and landed in the water. :\