? New Display Enhancements
? Performance Improvements

Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating
System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI
Catalyst? Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:
? During game play for ?Age of Conan?, DirectX 10 may cause the screen to
blank
Resizing video during playback may intermittently cause desktop video corruption
? Video playback tearing may occur under Windows Vista 32 or XP
? Hardware acceleration is not enabled when playing HD content using Cyberlink
? Catalyst Control Center, Overdrive options missing under Graphics settings
? Some OpenGL content may not align to the Hydravision preset grid
? Catalyst Control Center 'ShowGrid' does not display the correct grid settings
for the attached displays
? ?Gratitude{EF25BC.....}? or HydraGrid.exe executables will be shown under
process tab after launching Hydragrid

Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI
Catalyst? Software Suite for Windows XP. These include:
? ?Lower Resolution? message displayed when attempting to play HD content
using winDVD
? Running certain OpenGL applications may intermittently cause the system to
stop responding
? Some desktop corruption may be noticed when playing standard definition
video while exiting full screen DOS
? Overlay rotation failing under Windows XP
? Hot unplugging the secondary device with Clone Mode enabled may cause
video playback instability
? With Clone Mode and Overlay Theater Mode enabled some video playback
may fail to render properly
? Some corruption may be noticed during video playback on Cyberlink
winDVD7 and rotate desktop
? Midway ?Stranglehold? may become unstable when run in 800x600 and
Dynamic Shadows is turned off

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Installed and working fine, tested Clear Sky- around the same performance as the hotfix which is doing well on my 4870X2.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: error8
Ok, let's install these and see if Farcry2 works better.

I tried them in Stalker Clear Sky,they seem fine in this game,no issues to report .

:)

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
not sure if there was a performance increase in far cry 2 but the hiccuping still exist in DX10 mode, but GFX_maxfpsX still fixes it

CrystalBay

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2002
This the same D3D version as the last updated hotfix for FC2. The OGL version is one value higher though..

cm123

Jul 3, 2003
Installed perfect on HD4870X2 - of course performance was already great on my fav games (COD4/).

One thing did notice is that seems to have made Vista 64 feel bit more smooth after installing the new south bridge driver as well (AMD 790FX System).

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
Originally posted by: lavaheadache
not sure if there was a performance increase in far cry 2 but the hiccuping still exist in DX10 mode, but GFX_maxfpsX still fixes it

Yup. Played it half an hour and with the fps cap it worked great. It didn't slow down a bit, like it used to after a couple of minutes.

supastar1568

Apr 6, 2005
still the same issues with a crossfire setup. Installed on a fresh copy of vista, upon restart, got the same old "ati graphics drivers did not install properly".

I'm trying again on a second fresh install. I'm going to install the drivers with only one card, then add the second and see what happens.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Installed perfect for me tonight, though I just installed the Radeon cards before using these drivers (just went with these newest ones). Tri-Fire runs pretty good with them though (4870X2 + 4870 1GB).

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
I would like to keep the political stuff out of these forums, whether in message or in sig... Further this deponent sayeth not.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Is everyone on 8.11 able to access the fanspeed control? It seems that I can't do it on my HD3850 that I just installed today.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Originally posted by: RallyMaster
Is everyone on 8.11 able to access the fanspeed control? It seems that I can't do it on my HD3850 that I just installed today.

I was able to just fine. You have to turn on the overclocking checkbox or whatever, then it becomes available to set.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Originally posted by: supastar1568

I'm trying again on a second fresh install. I'm going to install the drivers with only one card, then add the second and see what happens.

that's how you're supposed to do it.

supastar1568

Apr 6, 2005
Originally posted by: jaredpace

you sir are correct, worked awesome. highest 3dmark06 scores yet. 18,034 with two 4850's in crossfire :)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

when are they going to fix this bug? because that's incredibly stupid that I have to open my case and take out a card, install the drivers, and then reinstall the card.

supastar1568

Apr 6, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex

when are they going to fix this bug? because that's incredibly stupid that I have to open my case and take out a card, install the drivers, and then reinstall the card.

yes it is. like i said before, you'd think they would jump right on this sort of issue since we shelled out the money to buy TWO.

Dec 9, 2003
Weird, works great for Farcry 2 now but for some reason after I installed it my CCC stopped working and had to download the CCC separate and install it just to get it to open and work.

Seems strange too, anyone notice a difference in their temp at their usual fan speed? 8.9-8.10 I was running at 50% with 43c and now 8.11, 55% with 53c.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Boo, had to RivaTuner that mess up to get fan controls to work. I guess I'll just let it run some F@H GPU overnight then.