Catalyst 10.5 betas [8.730]

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
MAKE SURE to uninstall all previous versions of all components prior to install for this set.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
10.5 beta before anything of 10.4?

Well 10.4 WHQL will end up being a 8.72xx.xxx driver package

Cat12.jpg

Madcatatlas

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2010
So this is how GPU companies get free beta testers? :p

its not even beta, its an internal build according to someone at guru

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
I wonder if it's the same as 8.722RC1 for April (220MB zipped) on the dev site...

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
does it (finally!?!?!) fix the grey screen crashes? :( 'Cos I'm tired of using my old card, and paying the "Too Late To RMA" penalty because I tried to work with the maker rather than sending it back right away. :\

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
does it (finally!?!?!) fix the grey screen crashes? :( 'Cos I'm tired of using my old card, and paying the "Too Late To RMA" penalty because I tried to work with the maker rather than sending it back right away. :\

What do you mean by too late to RMA? Every card carries at least 1-year manufacturer warranty and grey screen issues only affect a small number of 5800-series cards which are 6-7 months old, even in worst case scenarios.

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
So this is how GPU companies get free beta testers? :p

its not even beta, its an internal build according to someone at guru

Pretty much. I used to mess with betas but no longer do. I'll wait.

Oh, thanks BTW on the avatar. Mad Cat and Vulture were my fav MW3 mechs. I hope they get back to basics with MW5. Can't wait..

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
PowerColor.

And thanks in advance for not rubbing it in.
Powercolor has a two year warranty IIRC. You can RMA it any time you want. I don't remember them having any form of registration for products. If a Powercolor representative is telling you you can't RMA, he's full of shit and bring it up with his supervisor/Better Business Bureau.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
I read good improvements in Bad Company 2. Not touching these though, it's not even beta.

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
BF2BC2 I played with these last night, not sure if they're better. I did have two crashes; however, 3 of 4 friends I was playing with crashed as well so it may have been server side issues. I then played without rebooting and had an audio glitch crash. After rebooting I played the rest of the night without issue.

Still noticed some flicker.
Frames were good.

evolucion8

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2005
I still remember when the latest ATi drivers weighted only 22MB (Somethnig like that) when Catalyst program started. Also the DirectX9 downloads were only about 29MB, now they're about 104MB in size and keep growing...

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
PowerColor.

And thanks in advance for not rubbing it in.

Powercolor has a two year warranty IIRC. You can RMA it any time you want. I don't remember them having any form of registration for products. If a Powercolor representative is telling you you can't RMA, he's full of shit and bring it up with his supervisor/Better Business Bureau.

Exactly. Powercolor has excellent warranty with 2 years coverage.

ramj70

Aug 24, 2004
Pretty much. I used to mess with betas but no longer do. I'll wait.

Oh, thanks BTW on the avatar. Mad Cat and Vulture were my fav MW3 mechs. I hope they get back to basics with MW5. Can't wait..

That's Timber Wolf and Mad Dog to you freebirther :p

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
What exactly is in there that makes the package so huge?
I remember the AT article where the bulk of NV's driver set was physx related, hence ATis smaller without it. Now the tables really have turned...

Who knows, maybe in a few years we will look back and say

hey, remember when the vga drivers were under 500MB? :D