Cat medical issue

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Anyone every heard of a cat gettiing infected feet? I have a kitten that is about 5 mos. old and about 6 wks ago his front paw appeared to have an infection in the pads. The sides of them looked raw.

I took him to the vet and he has been on two different types of antibiotics. The first one didnt seem to help so after a wk he was put on another one. About 2 wks after the second medication was started the foot began to look better and the swelling went down.

Last wk he went to the vet again and was given a clean bill of health, vet did not know what caused the infection. He was tested for ring worm and the test came back negative.

Tonight I just noticed that his two hind feet appear to be in the early stages of infection, he is still on the antibiotics.

Kitten does not be bother by this so it must not be painful. He runs, jumps, climbs like there is nothing wrong.

Since this is spread I thought maybe it could be from the litter, but I am surprised the vet would not have suggested this.

The cat came from a shelter, my vet does not know what could be causing this. Any ideas anyone?

thanks

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
The sides and backside of the big pad will get raw from excessive licking. That is usually caused by some foreign body or irritant.
Is he an indoor cat, or does he roam in the yard?

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: skyking
The sides and backside of the big pad will get raw from excessive licking. That is usually caused by some foreign body or irritant.
Is he an indoor cat, or does he roam in the yard?

indoor cat although he is exposed to an outdoor cat daily. The first paw to get this was clearly double in size to the other paw. Does not seem to lick excessively.

He has been tested for the feline luek. and aids, both neg.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
asking that question here in these forums is like some doode working at a Nuclear reactor posting on these forums...

Hey I just woke up and I noticed the red light blaring and a loud buzzing noise and green steam everywhere and everybody is running and hollaring get out get out...

What do you guys think could be wrong?? lolol

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
asking that question here in these forums is like some doode working at a Nuclear reactor posting on these forums...

Hey I just woke up and I noticed the red light blaring and a loud buzzing noise and green steam everywhere and everybody is running and hollaring get out get out...

No, often it some other member having or knowing of a situation similar that they have dealt with. Thanks for your input though.

Nov 5, 2001

obviously the reactor rods have become exposed. pour 6,000 quarts of distilled water into the core and press F12.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001

Well, to start, what is the void coefficient, has anyone SCRAMed the thing yet, and are all control rods fully withdrawn?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Dude not all of us are stupid. Thanks for the insight.

The old 'addage' that you can't trust things off the internet is getting reversed more and more each day. Just like books though, you have to research the source and verify.

Forums are a perfect place to leverage the experience of others. Still too many especially in controversial or relationship topics like to spout off on experience they clearly do not have.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Does the cat lick the areas a lot? My first thought is allergies. My second thought is cleaning solution.

I don't know that you can assume it's bacterial if it took over a week to subside. It could just have ceased on its own.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: torpid
Does the cat lick the areas a lot? My first thought is allergies. My second thought is cleaning solution.

I don't know that you can assume it's bacterial if it took over a week to subside. It could just have ceased on its own.

He does not seem to lick more than other cats. Yes it may have subsided on its own. I guess it is more likely its not baterial since he is on antibiotics and it has moved to other feet.