cat experts please check in

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Linflas
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Wasn't there a dog that curled up next to people that were about to pass on?

No, that was a cat.

Link

I've always noticed that my cats are more likely to snuggle with me or the kids when we're sick. But man, if I saw Oscar coming, you wouldn't catch me alive in that room ... so to speak.

:laugh:

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Fritzo
She's tenderizing you by massaging you, then she's waiting for you to die so she can eat you.

:thumbsup: :D

And next you'll say she's playfully nibbling at you. You're history. The cat is ready for it's meal.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
I woke up to her standing on chest sniffing me.I shudder to think of how big a bill I'm going to get for the CAT scan:D
We seriously need a rim shot emoticon.

AHHH, that's internationally recognized signal for "Wakey, wakey, I'm ready for my meal now".

Ginger will do that to me, and if I roll over, she'll start popping her claws on the blanket, right where my back meets the bed.
As if she's a little kitty drill sargent , or something....

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BoomerD
The "Kneading" is a normal cat thing...softens up where she's laying. ;)

Actually, it's a vestigal behavior left over from kittenhood. In the momma cat/kitten world, they do that when they're nursing, to stimulate the flow of milk from the teat. Most kittens are taken away from their Momma earlier than would happen in the wile.

That's why the kneading is almost always accompanied by purring, btw.

One of the coolest nursing kitten sights is when 5 or 6 nursing kittens suddenly lock in complete synch with their kneading. It's one of life's small scale treats to behold.:thumbsup:

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Perknose

Actually, it's a vestigal behavior left over from kittenhood. In the momma cat/kitten world, they do that when they're nursing, to stimulate the flow of milk from the teat. Most kittens are taken away from their Momma earlier than would happen in the wile.

One of the coolest nursing kitten sights is when 5 or 6 nursing kittens suddenly lock in complete synch with their kneading. It's one of life's small scale treats to behold.:thumbsup:
Originally posted by: AlienCraft Ginger will do that to me, and if I roll over, she'll start popping her claws on the blanket, right where my back meets the bed.
As if she's a little kitty drill sargent , or something....
OHHH, duh. Now I get it..... That's her saying "Where's the faucet !!??" :laugh:
iwuvmykiity

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Perknose

Yeah, I know. PLUS, the mama cats knead the kitten's stomach to stimulate digestion.
We have one cat that was bottle-fed. Her momma was a feral cat and got killed by a car, leaving a litter of 2 day old kittens. I became her momma...I bottle fed her, gave her a daily bath in the sink, had to knead her stomach after she ate to kick in the digestion system, etc. She's now 11-1/2 years old, and as far as she's concerned, I'm STILL her momma...she follows me everywhere, and always sits/lays within a paws reach of me...gets kind of annoying when I'm "on the throne" and she's there, sitting at my feet, purring up a storm...

BlackTigers

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2006
gets kind of annoying when I'm "on the throne" and she's there, sitting at my feet, purring up a storm...

Gah...most annoying thing my cats do. The worst is when they sit up on the throne back and claw at your shoulder...lol..

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Since she doesn't like you, maybe she wants to be the one to see you die first? :)

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Narse
My GF says its beacuse she knows you have not been feeling well and she is trying to comfort you. She works at a vet but I would not call her a expert.

i'd have to agree.

Cats can be picky but they will seek out attention when they want it.