Cash Strapped Clinton Fails To Pay Bills

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: SViscusi
Bow out so that Barack "Emty Suit" Obama is the Democrat nominee? No thanks.

Well sooner or later it is going to happen. The only question will be if Hillary continues to go scorched earth and damages the party.

Nothing will damage the party like nominating Obama. Clinton staying in the race gives the super delegates a chance to save the party.

Oh how I pray the democratic super delegates follow your suggestion.

Not only will McCain win the Presidecy, the GOP will regain the House and Senate.

You pray for the destruction of this country?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
sounds like the perfect fit to lead the federal budget.
hehe, you got that damn right.
Nothing will damage the party like nominating Obama. Clinton staying in the race gives the super delegates a chance to save the party.
If that's your definition of it being saved, I'd like to see the entire democratic party dissolved. Obama is the only hope of the three this election. We both know Swillary's campaign is over, though.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Well sooner or later it is going to happen. The only question will be if Hillary continues to go scorched earth and damages the party.

:laugh: if the superdelegates overturn the will of the people, might as well just split the democratic party up and hand the nomination to the GOP for the next century or so :laugh:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Phokus

:laugh: if the superdelegates overturn the will of the people, except the people of florida and mi, might as well just split the democratic party up and hand the nomination to the GOP for the next century or so :laugh:

fix't.

the will of the people argument doesn't hold a lot of weight with me with Obama's people stonewalling revote attempts in MI.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Better than that Hillary 'Liar' Clinton. :p

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

:laugh: if the superdelegates overturn the will of the people, except the people of florida and mi, might as well just split the democratic party up and hand the nomination to the GOP for the next century or so :laugh:

fix't.

the will of the people argument doesn't hold a lot of weight with me with Obama's people stonewalling revote attempts in MI.

:laugh: Like Florida and Michigan will actually change anything... plus Hillary respected the DNC's original decision about florida/michigan until she started losing :laugh:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

:laugh: if the superdelegates overturn the will of the people, might as well just split the democratic party up and hand the nomination to the GOP for the next century or so :laugh:

GOP can't govern, so I am not too worried. Eventually people will vote their pocket books.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Wreckem

Oh how I pray the democratic super delegates follow your suggestion.

Not only will McCain win the Presidecy, the GOP will regain the House and Senate.

Yes, we saw how much those fiscal responsible values were used between '00 and '06. :roll:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

fix't.

:laugh: Like Florida and Michigan will actually change anything... plus Hillary respected the DNC's original decision about florida/michigan until she started losing :laugh:

:laugh: the original decision would still stand if they had new primaries. only the primaries held before super tuesday are invalid... so why'd Obama stonewall it, especially if they wouldn't change anything? :laugh:

I agree, they probably wouldn't change anything major, but it seems hypocritical to cry out for the will of the people with one hand while suppressing votes with the other and calling for Hillary to drop out before every state has voted.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
it's just a shame that Obama didn't take her one remaining argument away and tried to work out a new MI primary with a half-vote or something.

No, it's just a shame that Clinton doesn't want to stick to the rules of the game because now they hurt her. Why wasn't she raising hell about this issue when the primaries were moved up originally? Maybe she could have helped get it changed back to where they wouldn't be disqualified. I'll tell you why, because she thought she had this thing wrapped up and MI and FL wouldn't matter. This is clear as the nose on your face, she can make all the lofty arguments she wants but the bottom line is she wants MI and FL because she thinks they can help her win. And when will all you 'do over' people realize that even if there was a do over, it's not going to be the same as if the primaries happened the first time. There have been all kinds of momentum shifts and other facts have come out. John Edwards isn't in the race anymore, it's just different now. I'm sorry, you can't go back in time. MI and FL knew the consequences of their actions and now they should have to live with them. The only thing that makes this something to talk about is how much not seating the delegates is gonna potentially hurt the general election, otherwise this is an open and shut case. Maybe next time Hillary or the next candidate will fight for people's rights on the front end and not let something like this happen.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Bird222
it's just a shame that Obama didn't take her one remaining argument away and tried to work out a new MI primary with a half-vote or something.

No, it's just a shame that Clinton doesn't want to stick to the rules of the game because now they hurt her. Why wasn't she raising hell about this issue when the primaries were moved up originally? Maybe she could have helped get it changed back to where they wouldn't be disqualified. I'll tell you why, because she thought she had this thing wrapped up and MI and FL wouldn't matter. This is clear as the nose on your face, she can make all the lofty arguments she wants but the bottom line is she wants MI and FL because she thinks they can help her win. And when will all you 'do over' people realize that even if there was a do over, it's not going to be the same as if the primaries happened the first time. There have been all kinds of momentum shifts and other facts have come out. John Edwards isn't in the race anymore, it's just different now. I'm sorry, you can't go back in time. MI and FL knew the consequences of their actions and now they should have to live with them. The only thing that makes this something to talk about is how much not seating the delegates is gonna potentially hurt the general election, otherwise this is an open and shut case. Maybe next time Hillary or the next candidate will fight for people's rights on the front end and not let something like this happen.

wow, "you people"? :roll: nice to see the Obama camp staying true to racist form... I guess I'm just another "typical white person" in your eyes, huh? :roll:;)

I don't think you grokked what I was saying... Hillary is going to talk about the disenfranchisement of MI/FL until America's chickens come home to roost. Obama could have taken a courageous stand, gotten on board with the MI revote (which *would* have been inline with the DNC rules -- it was only the original primary that didn't count, a new primary approved by the state/dnc would be following the rules) and taken that argument out of Hillary's arsenal. it would have given her marginal gains at best and made Obama look like more than just another politician playing it safe.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
wow, "you people"? :roll: nice to see the Obama camp staying true to racist form... I guess I'm just another "typical white person" in your eyes, huh? :roll:;)

WOW back at cha. I don't know whether you are white, red, purple, or blue and I don't care. What I said was you 'do over' people. I.e. the people who are in favor of a revote in MI and FL. Last I checked being for a 'do over' is something you can choose to be in support of and not just happened to be born with; so I think it is fair game to put that lable on you. Try to read more carefully next time.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Clinton Shouldn?t Feel Forced to Quit Race, Obama Says
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03...ref=slogin&oref=slogin

?My attitude is that Senator Clinton can run as long as she wants,? Mr. Obama, of Illinois, said at a news conference in a high school gymnasium here. ?Her name is on the ballot. She is a fierce and formidable opponent, and she obviously believes she would make the best nominee and the best president.?

So all you bots take a cue from your leader and let the nomination proceed until a winner is declared. Sheesh. Maybe North Carolina and Indiana actually want to have a say.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Out of money and the campaign dead in the water. The vultures circling and just waiting for the corpse to die.

Sound exactly like the McCain campaign about a year ago. As we can see, McCains critics were right and he should have
quit while he was behind.

I don't see Obama calling on Hillary to quit, some democrats have and others, even if they support Obama, do not.
Quite frankly, I can't blame Hillary for staying, she still has a chance even if its a small chance. Hillary already dodged one make or break in Ohio and Texas, Pennsylvania may be that next make or break, but I doubt she will make good on a threat to deadlock the convention. But she must put a positive tough spin on it or she will lose support.

In the end, like Huckabee, she will stay until Obama has it locked up. And then bow out with grace.

That may not fit the GOP doom and gloom scenario, but I am still guessing that its the way things will play out.

McCain better start praying that Iraq does not go up in flames and the economy does not collapse, because if they do, his chances in November will not amount to snowflakes chance in hell. McCain's biggest problem is GWB.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So all you bots take a cue from your leader and let the nomination proceed until a winner is declared. Sheesh. Maybe North Carolina and Indiana actually want to have a say.
Just a political saavy move on Obama's part...if there is a perception that the "party" is pressuring Clinton to stepdown on their terms, it could cause a New Hampshire like surge of support for Clinton...won't help her win the nomination, but it will project the fight to the DNC floor for sure.

Similarly, Clinton supporters are more likely to embrace Obama if Hillary is allowed to step down with dignity, as opposed to railroaded off the campaign trail.

Unfortunate that Clinton cannot smell the roses and do what is best for the party...but I understand the party's need to coddle her and her support base.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Bird222

WOW back at cha. I don't know whether you are white, red, purple, or blue and I don't care. What I said was you 'do over' people. I.e. the people who are in favor of a revote in MI and FL. Last I checked being for a 'do over' is something you can choose to be in support of and not just happened to be born with; so I think it is fair game to put that lable on you. Try to read more carefully next time.

(totally joking, btw. lol)