Carter is just plain looney lately

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
"I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history," Carter told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in a story that appeared in the newspaper's Saturday editions. "The overt reversal of America's basic values as expressed by previous administrations, including those of George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon and others, has been the most disturbing to me."

Frankly its distressing for a former President to speak against a sitting President like this, but the vileness of the Democrat hatred towards Bush has been so extreme its turned bizarre. I mean, really, Bush does some things to drive us all mad, only Carter is off his meds.

Ever since he got that bogus Nobel peace prize he has been a belligerent little turd that should back to looking for the UFOs he reported having seen.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: tomywishbone
In his defense, bush is the greatest mass murderer of the 21st century. Please dipute that.

I don't really like Bush, but you are a total moonbat.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Shivetya
"I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history," Carter told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in a story that appeared in the newspaper's Saturday editions. "The overt reversal of America's basic values as expressed by previous administrations, including those of George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon and others, has been the most disturbing to me."

Frankly its distressing for a former President to speak against a sitting President like this, but the vileness of the Democrat hatred towards Bush has been so extreme its turned bizarre. I mean, really, Bush does some things to drive us all mad, only Carter is off his meds.

Ever since he got that bogus Nobel peace prize he has been a belligerent little turd that should back to looking for the UFOs he reported having seen.

Believe me it isn't that people irrationally hate Bush. People are critical of him and his adminstration because of his war in Iraq and his incompetence at running the government.

Carter is not saying anything that every day I hear and read about GWB.

tomywishbone

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2006
Originally posted by: JD50
In his defense, bush is the greatest mass murderer of the 21st century. Please dipute that.

True, but I ain't killed 50,000 people. Let's review... Moonbat v. Killer of 50,000.
Verdict; I win.

Edit: I like the word Moonbat...nicely done.:)

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Hitler... 6 million Jews, top that.

EDIT- ahhh 21st century... which is all over 7 years old.... ummm nice way to frame the issue. But I think Rwanda and Dufar top Iraq.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Heh. Notice that Shivetya didn't say that Carter was wrong, or why he thinks so, just that he hates Jimmy and all Dems rather desperately...

Empty raving and sputtering seem to be the best that the rightwing has to offer recently...

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006

True, but I ain't killed 50,000 people. Let's review... Moonbat v. Killer of 50,000.
Verdict; I win.

Edit: I like the Moonbat...nicely done.:)
ummm Bush didn't kill 50,000 people. Most of those deaths are Iraqi on Iraqi violence. I am guessing the number killed directly via our military is WAY lower maybe 10,000 at MOST and even that is most likely too high.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Heh. Notice that Shivetya didn't say that Carter was wrong, or why he thinks so, just that he hates Jimmy and all Dems rather desperately...

Empty raving and sputtering seem to be the best that the rightwing has to offer recently...
Carter was wrong... happy? :)

I am not sure that Carter should be talking with the mess he left us. Other than Egypt-Israeli peace Carter was a total foreign policy nightmare.

tomywishbone

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2006
OK. bush didn't personally kill them. Hitler didn't personally kill anybody either.

Neither did stalin, pot, etc.

your turn...

"...I am guessing the number killed directly via our military is WAY lower maybe 10,000 at MOST and even that is most likely too high. "

:D Please stop.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
OK. bush didn't personally kill them. Hitler didn't personally kill anybody either.

your turn...
Well since you just invalidated your whole argument I don?t have to say anything else.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeh, right, PJ-

Maybe the should waterboard ol' Jimmy in a secret eastern european prison until he recants...

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

your turn...
Well since you just invalidated your whole argument I don?t have to say anything else.

The fact of the matter is that 50,000+ people would still be alive if we didn't go into Iraq. It's sad to think that they would have been alive if we were not there.

I love how your only rationale for shooting down Carter is that he's a democrat and they hate bush. SFW? If you hate the message, attack the messenger, yet not the message eh?

What did Carter say that was wrong? nothing.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003

your turn...

Heh, the Bush administration and other administrations before that one frequently compared Saddam with Hitler. I guess that just invalidated their whole argument for invading Iraq.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

your turn...

The fact of the matter is that 50,000+ people would still be alive if we didn't go into Iraq. It's sad to think that they would have been alive if we were not there.

I love how your only rationale for shooting down Carter is that he's a democrat and they hate bush. SFW? If you hate the message, attack the messenger, yet not the message eh?

What did Carter say that was wrong? nothing.
Why are you going after me? It's not my thread. I never said anything about Carter, other than my 'Carter was wrong... happy?:)' bit.

Amazing how quick you guys are to attack me even when I have nothing to do with the OP.

I have an idea... instead of attacking me you could try defending Carter... oohhhh wouldn't that make more sense?
The thread is about Jimmy Carter, not ProfJohn, we had the ProfJohn thread already... you must have missed it. :roll:

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: GrGr
Heh, the Bush administration and other administrations before that one frequently compared Saddam with Hitler. I guess that just invalidated their whole argument for invading Iraq.
You guys on the left need to learn the difference between Bush and Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Saddam etc etc.

BTW according to many sources more Iraqis died during the Clinton era embargo than have died since our invasion. Does that make Clinton worse than even Bush hmmmm

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
I never said anything about Carter, other than my 'Carter was wrong... happy?

President Carter has done very little I disagree with since leaving the office. This just makes me respect him all the more. He couldn't be more correct.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Hey, what come around goes on around.... Be it Bush or anyone else that agrees with him. Bush needs to go to jail for screwing the people in lives and money. I think more people should stand up to bush, damn, I guess I say good job to Carter need more people with some balls to tell it like it is...

I say every day bush is allowed to be the leader of the USA we are just digging the hole deeper and deeper....

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

None of what he said was wrong...so...

This thread is a personal attack on someone you don't agree with...

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003

So now speaking the truth means you've gone out of your mind?:confused: Wow, you Repubs have completely lost your marbles.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hitler... 6 million Jews, top that.

EDIT- ahhh 21st century... which is all over 7 years old.... ummm nice way to frame the issue. But I think Rwanda and Dufar top Iraq.

Bush has allowed that to happen to and chose to start a new civil war elsewhere as well...

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

Verdict; I win.

Edit: I like the Moonbat...nicely done.:)
ummm Bush didn't kill 50,000 people. Most of those deaths are Iraqi on Iraqi violence. I am guessing the number killed directly via our military is WAY lower maybe 10,000 at MOST and even that is most likely too high.

Cause and effect. Cause: Attacking Iraq. Effect: Civil war and terrorist breeding ground which has led to nonstop violence that was not present before our invasion and occupation.

If not statement. If not for our invasion, 50,000++++ wouldn't be dead and 2 million Iraqis would not have had to flee the country.

B

Blackjack2000

BTW according to many sources more Iraqis died during the Clinton era embargo than have died since our invasion. Does that make Clinton worse than even Bush hmmmm

Clinton was horrific on Iraq. He is responsible for a massive amount of human suffering/death in that country. Happy now?

Now I have two questions for you.

#1 how did you arrive at your figure of 10,000 casualties "killed directly by our military"? I know you said it was a guess, but is it based on anything? Or could you have just as easily (and justifiably) said 100? or 100,000?

#2 Since it is now clear that we waged a war of aggression on false pretenses, when will we pay Iraq war reparations? I'm just wondering since you seem

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Neocons have ****** up America so thoroughly that people like Ron Paul or Carter can't state simple truths without being branded 'looney' and 'extremist'. In a more rational world, the real extremists would be the loyal Bushies...