carsdirect.com should I trust them?

Binar

Banned
Dec 21, 2000
I'm thinking in buying a car from carsdirect They have the lowest price arround for new cars.I'm wondering if someone has bought from them before.How relaible are they?Can I trust them with my money?Please if you dealt with them before let me know what kind of service should I expect.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001

Urm.. besdies that..

My neighbor used them and it was fine.

I used them too. .but in a different way. Printed out what I wanted, went to a dealer, gave them the printout and told them to match or beat it or i would walk out

Binar

Banned
Dec 21, 2000

www.carsdirect.com should I trust them? (what the hell, you started this exact same thread in March)
and i didn't get a good answer
i could have bumped my old thread but .....

i 've been thinking to buy a bmw 325i from them is only $19500

is a lot of money so i had to ask you again

Binar

Banned
Dec 21, 2000
I used them too. .but in a different way. Printed out what I wanted, went to a dealer, gave them the printout and told them to match or beat it or i would walk out

been there done that

2 different dealers said no

their prices are way to good on certain cars

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
just price out their prices and bring it to your local dealers. 99% of the time, they will match it at least come close to it. I tried to to thur with carsdirect before, but they wanted me to fax them a copy of driver's license and insurance coverage for ID fraud protection.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
"ownege"? What is that?!?! ;) You are obviously not 1337!!!

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Binar

been there done that

2 different dealers said no

their prices are way to good on certain cars

You suck at haggling then.

I've gotten in yelling matches with car dealers. They always cave. Last time I went car shopping with some people we gave them the carsdirect price, had them match it, told them to bring the price down $50 more.

He said no.

They fought, he kept saying no.

They walked out the door, he came running after them and said he would drop the price $50.

Car dealers suck. You just have to know how to fight.

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
www.carsdirect.com should I trust them? (what the hell, you started this exact same thread in March)

Which 325i is only 19500? The cheapest one I see is the sedan 2003 and it is 26909 in stick configuration.

V00DOO

Diamond Member
Dec 2, 2000
I walked in the Dealer with a print out from Carsdirect, first the dealer said no way then I said bye. Next thing he is chasing me and deals was done in 10 Minutes. If the print out thingy doesn't work with a dealer go to a different dealer, eventaully you get your car at price you want. Good luck.

Binar

Banned
Dec 21, 2000
yesterday the price was $19500 or close anyway under 20k
i just looked on-line again and it seems either they changed the price or it was a pricemistake
i remember they offered some discounts as well. no discount today bummer

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
i just looked on-line again and it seems either they changed the price or it was a pricemistake

Ahh crap, my parents have been looking for a new car too. Would have loved the Bimmer at just under 20k.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001

Could this be a case of bait and switch!? I dont think they work on sunday, so they can post any price they want on their website. I bet this tactic will at least generate some calls.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
"ownege"? What is that?!?! ;) You are obviously not 1337!!!

It's not his fault, He was checking for hot deals during that 1337 class.

007bond

May 11, 2002
Originally posted by: fyleow

Which 325i is only 19500? The cheapest one I see is the sedan 2003 and it is 26909 in stick configuration.

There is no way a car dealership would sell a NEW 325i for only $19,500; even if it was stripped.

440sixpack

May 30, 2000
As I always reply to these threads, I bought my Ram through them, for the most part the deal was no problem.