Cards that exhaust air out the back?

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
I'm looking to upgrade my 560ti 448 that is in a temjin tj08e micro atx case. My CPU is cooled by a corsair H60 with the radiator fans set as exhaust so I really think it would be ideal if the new card blows air out the back rather than inside.

I've been looking in the 200-250 range, so 7950's, 760's, and 670's. The ice q 7950 is almost 300 still, which for that price I'd just get the faster card and deal with the heat.

Do none of the dual fan cards exhaust the air? What about the 'crappy' 7950 xfx core edition with one fan? I'm thinking 'blower' coolers are only the ones with the single fan on the back of the card?

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
You are correct in thinking most of the reference or single fan designs with full shroud will push heat out the back. The question is why would you want to? Any single fan GPU is going to be louder compared to double fan designs. Your case (nice!) can easily handle the heat especially with your CPU under water. You will have a much cooler and quieter gaming experience with a double fan GPU. Don't worry about a bit of heat inside, the stuff in there can take it.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I got this hacked up gatewate dx series case with a rear 80mm fan on high,a side mounted 140mm noctua on high and heck my i5 2500 with its stock cooler won't hit 72cel when gaming,and my gtx770 which blows air inside my case refuses to hit over 75cel with a 65% fanspeed and the case fans are equally as loud as the card.

A better case like a antec 900 is in order for me but the point is with my current lousy situation of a case,i still haven't had issues with heat and if your considering a reference blower we can assume noise isn't what bothers you but overall temperatures?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
My CPU is cooled by a corsair H60 with the radiator fans set as exhaust...

Just curious, why are you hampering your cooler's efficiency by using it as an exhaust for the hot air inside the case? Water cooling works much better when the rad. is cooled using the cooler outside air vs. the preheated interior air.

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Just curious, why are you hampering your cooler's efficiency by using it as an exhaust for the hot air inside the case? Water cooling works much better when the rad. is cooled using the cooler outside air vs. the preheated interior air.

Because reversing the airflow creates problems i don't feel like dealing with. The case along with 99% of others suck air in from the front and exhaust out the back thus the front fans are filtered and the rear are not. Since the front fan is 140mm in the temjin i'd have to get a new filter for the the h60 intake which would block airflow and make the front built in 140mm filter completely useless.

Mushkins

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2013

Thats how these AIO kits were designed to work, and how the instructions say to install them. Pull in cool air from the front of the case, push the warm air from the case out the rad at the top/back of the case. Mounting the rad for one of these AOIs as a front intake is typically impossible due to the length of the tubing and the overall lack of room in the case, especially for something like the H100. Custom loops give you some different options for overall airflow the AIO kits dont.

Either way, they're still more than enough to keep even a highly OCed i7 cool when exhausting through the rad.