Carbonated Soft Drinks are harsh...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
I haven't had soda in ages. I get really full any time I have it nowadays. But don't know anything about the whole battery acid thing.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
In the Navy I was going through Coke and Mountain Dew like a madman.
Before setting sail we would get two-hundred bucks worth of cases on sale, and stack them behind the transmitters in the radio room.
After one month out we would be dry and slurping from the machine on the mess decks.
It was worse on shore duty, where you could have a fridge in the workshop.
One case, every day.

Bad, bad stuff.

Managed to give up soda entirely, but I swear its more addictive than cigarettes or booze.

ArchCenturion

Aug 6, 2006
I tend to get on a bad Mountain Dew habit sometimes. I find that the more active I am the less inclined I am to feel like having a soft drink.

Water FTW?

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
after a year of eating dining hall food at a college, i've lost a few pounds from eating fresh deli sandwhiches every day... all my jeans are now pretty loose!

good for you..

how does this fit into the soft drink thread?

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
Originally posted by: Amused
I stopped drinking soda years ago and don't miss it at all.

Yea, I stopped drinking sodas a two years ago, and I don't miss it either. All I drink is water... no koolaid, no coffee, no juices, no diet soda... just water.

I did it for various reasons--mainly to lose weight. Also, my family has a history of diabetes, and I figured it would be best to cut out a large portion of my sugar intake, and I refuse to drink diet soda because of taste and aspartame. Also, years of soda drinking caused a few cavities, so I got those fixed, and I haven't had any since.