Carbon Dioxide is our Friend?

dannybek

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2002
According to the Competitive Enterprise Institute Carbon Dioxide is our friend. VIDEO

It is sad to see how corporations are influencing public opinion with deceptive advertisements like these

dannybek

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2002
what they said, "Carbon Dioxide, they call it pollution. We call it life."
What they didn't say, "Carbon Dioxide the gas that comes from burning fossil fuels, which also causes global warming, THEY call it pollution. But we call it the byproduct of getting the most amount of profits so that we can enjoy our life with yachts, mansions, and sh*t you don't have.!"

Kinslayer777

Sep 16, 2006
Iihhh...That's absolutely a disgusting video. Even as a joke, that's not funny (if it was which i fear it may not have been). That's absolutely ridiculous. Unfortunetly i know all too many morons who'd believe it. Isn't carbon dioxide being spewed into the earth pretty :)
And if we lower our levels of carbon dioxide, we'd be harming children. Oh no! At least there are some sites like www.exxposeexxon.com that counter such ridiculous things, and have their own vids ^_^ http://www.exxposeexxon.com/movie/

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
This is hilarious. Al Franken show plays this carbon dioxide joke often. Then he plays a parody they made on poop. Poop, its our friend. It keeps us from exploding. Its makes our family. Our loved ones. (and so on) Poop, some want to label it a toxic, how awful. Thats the gist of the Franken parody but its hilarious, just as the carbon dioxide thingy. So lame...

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
That commercial was cheesy as hell.

CO2 does have a place in the life cycle, but we still have no idea what the real impacts of the CO2 are. We went through several ice ages; it only makes sense the temperature increases. Also most temperature readings are done in the cities which are inherently hotter from the concrete and buildings.

Humans at this point can have little impact on CO2 emissions without significantly reducing our standard of living; is that worth the assumptions and speculation? I dont' thinkso. I mean volcanos emit tons of CO2; more than the Kyoto targets could ever muster; how does that help things?

CO2, Kyoto, Global Warming is turning into a debate with little data and I don't like it. Personally I think we can get far more environmental initiatives accomplished without going after CO2.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by: ScottyB
Indeed. Just beware of the fiendish menace Dihydrogen Monoxide.
That nasty chemical is a greenhouse gas too.

Where are the environmentalists condemning it? :p

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Point!
Too much of any "gas" is not good. Oxygen, a great gas, but if we had way too much of it, we'd all explode. The air would catch fire. We'd all be dead.

Thats the issue with carbon dioxide. Too much is death to us, and too much is the problem. And naturally, industries that put too carbon dioxide into the air Do NOT want to take responsibility. (other than making these lame commercials)

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
haha. One of the comments say to watch An Inconvenient Truth to find out the real story. LOL. It's like going from one extreme propeganda filled video to another on at the other end of the spectrum! People can be so stupid sometimes.

slash196

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: XZeroII
haha. One of the comments say to watch An Inconvenient Truth to find out the real story. LOL. It's like going from one extreme propeganda filled video to another on at the other end of the spectrum! People can be so stupid sometimes.

Yes they can, your post being a shining example.