car was broken into @ the work place Jan 2, 2004

kendogg

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Im a very naive person when it comes to legal issues and what not. Here goes the story..

Jan 2, 2004 it was a rainy day, a perfect day for a theif to break into a vehicle. The vandals broke my driver side window and made an attempt to steal my car as my ignition just hangs. They took my mp3 unit along with my itr shift knob. I never felt so violated.

I filed a police report with local authorities. I also spoke with our loss prevention staff and they told me they can't do anything. We as employees have to park in the back lot which is a good distance from the entrance of the store. There is no security in the back lot although they have 2 cameras on the side of the store that supposedly monitors the parking lot.

I am now without a car until my adjuster calls and makes an appointment so I can take the car to the dealership to get repairs done.

Is there anyway I can have my work provide transportation for me? Please assist me..

nife4

Nov 24, 2003
sounds like me... i have always parked outside my house on the street with the windows down at all times and unlocked... the day i decide to actually roll up the windows and lock all the doors but the driver door... someone goes in the car and takes my portable cd player and all of my cd's... g'luck with your car homes...

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
i doubt it... whoever owns the parking lot usually arent liable for whatever happens to the parked cars... was it an integra?

JHoNNy1OoO

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2003
Originally posted by: kendogg
Originally posted by: pulse8
Where do you work?

Does your insurance provide a rental?
Fry's Electronics
Unfortunately my insurance does not provide a rental

Originally posted by: boyRacer
i doubt it... whoever owns the parking lot usually arent liable for whatever happens to the parked cars... was it an integra?
Yes it was a 1998 Integra gsr
after all the glass was cleaned out :(

FREAKING BASTARDS!!! I feel for ya man. Don't know what you can do. :(

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
By any chance do you work at any FRYs here in So California? Those so called cameras they have at corners of the building look like they cant do squat... good luck man... hope it gets better for you.

RMSistight

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2003
Which Fry's do you work at man? I drive a 94 Integra LS myself. GSRs and Type Rs are very well known for theives. What you should have done was install one of those radio alarms. Since you're working in the store, the signal won't be that far so you can get an alert beep. One of my roommate has the same car I have except it's a 96. It has so much security, I don't know how anyone can steal it. He has like 5 backup batteries for the alarm, an alarm radio that sends a signal which tells him which said of the car is being broken into, the club, motion detector, and the auto-lock. It's well secure.

RMSistight

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Rufio
i bet you it was someone from work.

Fry's has some super shady employees

Fry's also has employees who don't know what the fu*k their talking about when it comes to stuff their selling. No offense to kendogg. One day I'm just going to bitch at them when they piss me off.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: RMSistight

Fry's also has employees who don't know what the fu*k their talking about when it comes to stuff their selling. No offense to kendogg. One day I'm just going to bitch at them when they piss me off.

i agree 100%.

<--- Will not go without rental coverage from now on. Im really sorry to hear this, it took my insurance company afew weeks to get me a check for a totaled car..... :(

kendogg

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

At least they didn't take your pedals.

- M4H

Please don't make jokes, those pedals came on the car when I bought the car used in 00'
If you werent sorry..

Im not pointing fingers at anyone. It could have been anyone...

Always read about thieves breaking into vehicles/stealing vehicles. I always thought sh!t that sux... now I know exactly how it feels.. again very violating! :(

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: kendogg
Please don't make jokes, those pedals came on the car when I bought the car used in 00'

Well, at least you didn't install them yourself. :beer:

Try selling them off and getting stock ones to help fund your "new stereo" cause? I suggest putting an ad outside your local Pep Boys - you'll have them sold two days tops, less if you throw in a free bottle of Octane Booster. ;)

- M4H

kendogg

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I found out that Fry's owns the parking lot. Any lawheads out there? Do i have a case...?

I have a 1000$ deductible for my damages. My adjuster inspected the vehicle today and gave an estimate of 900~ :(