car inspection question

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Car's overdue for an inspection. It's a '90 Accord so it's not actually the turn signal light, but the yellow light (just before you turn on your regular low beams) has a broken glass casing on the left side. We replaced it with clear tape.

The light doesn't work either, but it's ONLY supposed to when I flip the light to the 1st notch (2nd notch being low-beams - these are off then)... figure they might not even check these.

So will I pass ? Weird thing is, I think we did last year, but I wasn't the one who brought it in then.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Just buy some clear ones for like $10 a pair from your local rice shop. Bulbs are a few dollars. It take one phillips screwdriver to replace them. And both lights in the corner lens are on when the lights are in either the first or second notch.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Just buy some clear ones for like $10 a pair from your local rice shop. Bulbs are a few dollars. It take one phillips screwdriver to replace them. And both lights in the corner lens are on when the lights are in either the first or second notch.
Interesting... the right one works in the 1st notch, but turns off when low beams are on. If you were to see a 90 Accord in your rear-view mirror, you'd just see the white lights and no yellows... no ?

EDIT>>> So are you saying I'd fail ?

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
You'd see both. I have a 91 that's how it works. I can't say if you'd pass or fail inspection since we don't have that kind of inspection in Cali. However, I would guess that they just want to make sure your turn signals work and your headlights work. If those two work, then I'd say you're probably fine.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: amdskip
I sure am glad we don't have inspection.
WTF ?! Why not ?

It would probably be a bit of a pain for those who have modified cars such as I. Although, I was brushing my teeth today I almost wish we did so I would have to follow minivans with no working brakelights as I did today on my way home from work.