capture video from one computer to another?

Discussion in 'Video Cards and Graphics' started by Leki, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Leki

Leki Junior Member

Hi

just wondering before i try setting it all up is it possible to connect 2 computers up together using the VIVO on the gfx cards?
    i would be using s-video ables to mainly record game footage on one PC while i was playing on the other.

should all work right?

if so what is the best software to capture the video, im sure windows movie maker would work but prefer something with better quaility.

thanks

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - capture video computer Forum Date
    Help for capturing surgery videos please? Video Cards and Graphics Jun 21, 2015
    Any suggestions about 4K Video capture card? Video Cards and Graphics Dec 3, 2014
    Need a video capture device Video Cards and Graphics Mar 22, 2014
    Advice on PCIe Video Capture Cards Video Cards and Graphics Aug 7, 2013
    What's the cheapest way to capture Component video on my computer? Video Cards and Graphics Aug 16, 2007

3. Leki

Leki Junior Member

I used S-video cables and i can record games at 720x576 on the other computer but i also have to play at that resolution on my gaming computer. :(

Is there any way to say play a game at 1600x1200 on my gaming computer and have that recorded onto the other computer? The graphics cards have 2 DVI sockets on each card....can the DVI be connected to each computer to transfer a copy of the picture for recording?

thanks

4. DaveSimmons

DaveSimmons Elite Member

DVI sockets are output only.

Your video card hardware/software probably only supprts capture at DVD resolution.

If you buy a HD capture card that has VGA or DVI input, or HDMI input if you have a DVI-to-HDMI adaptor, then you can capture at least 1024x768 (if 720p) or the full 16x12 if it allows 1080p.