Capitalize an uncapitalized name at beginning of sentence?

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Should you capitalize someone's pseudonym/handle/nick if it's at the beginning of a sentence, even when their name isn't capitalized?

This doesn't apply only to online... what if you mean someone named "john", literally?

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
I thought you suppose to capitolized any letters at the begining of any sentence, but, that's just me.

Borracho

Banned
Mar 26, 2004
I give you permission not to capitalize my name henceforth! No matter if its at the beginning middle or end of a sentence online or off.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: pulse8
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo
I thought you suppose to capitolized any letters at the begining of any sentence, but, that's just me.

Yeah, but proper names you don't screw with, so I was taught. Because they're more special than the rest of the nouns.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Amorphus
Originally posted by: pulse8
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo

Yeah, but proper names you don't screw with, so I was taught. Because they're more special than the rest of the nouns.

I thought all proper names, by definition, were capitalized.

Only idiots like ee cummings don't capitalize their names. (And I'd capitalize his at the beginning of a sentence anyway.)