Can't run Witcher EE? "Does not meet minimum requirements"

lektrix

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003
I've played all the latest games, including PC-killer Crysis 3 times and Witcher EE tells me I can't handle their game?

WTF.

I have the latest DX9.0C, X-Fi & 8800GTS drivers.

I DLed the " Witcher EAX hotfix ".

Game still will not load for me!

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Sounds like a TAGES issue, as they removed the system requirement check with one of the patches to the original game. Should be removed from the EE as well.

Go to the TAGES site and run the uninstall TAGES utility, then reinstall the game.

lektrix

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Sounds like a TAGES issue, as they removed the system requirement check with one of the patches to the original game. Should be removed from the EE as well.

Go to the TAGES site and run the uninstall TAGES utility, then reinstall the game.

I ran the utility and it installed TAGES. Looks like I never had it in the first place!

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: lektrix

I ran the utility and it installed TAGES. Looks like I never had it in the first place!

Does The Witcher run now?

lektrix

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003

No sorry, still same problem

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001

No sorry, still same problem

I could have sworn they removed that requirements check. This might be able to help you out.

The Witcher really is a great game, honestly, its the best RPG that came in 2007, 2008, and its held up in 2009 as well.

lektrix

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2003
The best game........with the best glitches..I've never failed to play a game due to " minimum requirements not being met "...CRYSIS was fine, how can I not run The Witcher?