Can't remember this title!

Azeroth101

Dec 30, 2007
I can't remember the name of this game I used to play, it's like that kinda game where its overhead shooting in a jet/ship and you fight bosses and get power ups, used to be in arcades at the bowling alley but I remember having it for computer, kinda like this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N16IWf5qjAQ

thats what made me remember it.

HELP ME REMEMBER!!!!

Fixed your link for you Noob.

Anandtech PC Gaming Moderator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
From you description, there could be hundreds of such games.

The only one that I know of that was released for PC too was Raptor: Call of the Shadows. I think it was a 3d Realms game.

If you are talking about arcade games, popular games are Varth, Strikers 1945, 1944 - um there are really a lot of them.

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
Yeah, Raptor and Tyrian were both awesome. There were a ton more though, we really need more details.

AtaruMoroboshi18

Apr 1, 2005
1942? Was it Top Down? Side view? Futuristic? Was it called Steel Empire? Bio Hazard Battle? Do you have ANY information about the game we can gleen some info from?

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
I loaded up Raptor last night. Still have my original registered copy. (Not the 3.5" disks, but the installed version moved over from an old hard drive). Even played in PC Speaker mode to complete the nostalgia effect. :) May have to go track down Tyrian now too.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Was it Raiden II? Played the crap out of that in college on the arcade and had a PC version of the original Raiden (was almost identical). One day came in and there was a guy playing that was like ok I've been playing this for 4 years and I've got 20 dollars in quarters sitting here I'm beating this game today if you want to help grab some of the quarters.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
1942 was probably the one I saw the most in arcades, but there were a ton of this kind of game. Jets'n'Guns is the only modern game I know of in the genre though.

I even wrote one called 2012, but I am positive that isn't what you are talking about. It also explains why there were so many of those types of games. They are very easy to code, and an effective AI is very easy to code as well for that type of game.