suzonka

Dec 2, 2016
which site can't you reach?

start with running a couple commands from the cli

ping <insert ip or hostname here>

tracert <insert ip or hostname here>

post the results.

TOch33zw1zLifer

when I get another site that won't be reached tHen Ill send it to you . thank you

Last edited:

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Have you tried a different browser instead of old IE11? Try Chrome, Firefox, or Edge?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
how do you fix this problem with windows 10 and IE 11
It pops up a lot for simple good sites however not all sites .:eek:
Are you using any 3rd party utilities that are embedded into your browsers? Add-ons perhaps? Security software will block sites that are known to deploy scripts or to contain malware. Malwarebytes blocks my browsers if it detects a script trying to redirect or otherwise deploy and issues a message from the notification area. Sometimes network traffic will be high along routes temporarily delaying or impeding access to a particular site which will reappear later on. Can you please be more specific about the nature of your problem?

suzonka

Dec 2, 2016
USA a good HP desk top computer windows 10 IE 11

Last edited:

suzonka

Dec 2, 2016
Are you using any 3rd party utilities that are embedded into your browsers? Add-ons perhaps? Security software will block sites that are known to deploy scripts or to contain malware. Malwarebytes blocks my browsers if it detects a script trying to redirect or otherwise deploy and issues a message from the notification area. Sometimes network traffic will be high along routes temporarily delaying or impeding access to a particular site which will reappear later on. Can you please be more specific about the nature of your problem?

yes puffnstuff It make sense in what you are saying because it doesn't happen al the time however when Im going from one site and clicking on a link from that site to go to another site then it happens if it happened. . and sometime on the very bottom of the cnt reach error pop up its says last copied page and if I click on that the site comes up however when I try to go any further in that site ill get another I cant reach error pop up again.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5QX42y4Qya4/hqdefault.jpg

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I see that from time to time myself and wouldn't worry about it unless every site you attempt to reach is not accessible. You might try running a Malwarebytes or other malware scanner to make sure that nothing is present on your pc that would redirect your browsers. Sometimes a firewall will block sites and you have to create a rule when it happens.

suzonka

Dec 2, 2016
I see that from time to time myself and wouldn't worry about it unless every site you attempt to reach is not accessible. You might try running a Malwarebytes or other malware scanner to make sure that nothing is present on your pc that would redirect your browsers. Sometimes a firewall will block sites and you have to create a rule when it happens.

Thank you so can I check my fire wall when this pop up cant be reached occurs?:rolleyes:

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Are you connected to your router via wireless or hard-wired? Laptop or Desktop?

Have you tested the speed of your internet?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Might want to ping 8.8.8.8 continuously to see if your Internet connection is dropping out.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Thank you so can I check my fire wall when this pop up cant be reached occurs?:rolleyes:
Look at your firewall log and see what sites it has logged as being blocked by it. When you see a site on the list that you want to access create a rule allowing you to connect to it. Windows firewall is notorious for doing this whereas commercial firewalls are updated regularly allowing common sites known to be safe to remain open. I can get to those two links you posted just fine. Do you have any browser security add-ons like MacAfee? If so I'd remove them. Norton toolbar acted similarly until I deactivated it. It was always trying to block legitimate sites on me.