Can't pick "large player" in YouTube anymore

techwanabe

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
For months I have been able to choose "large player" in YouTube and it would make the player screen larger than the small player but not full screen. In the past week when I have been choosing the "large player" all that happens is the player screen moves over to more to the right but it stays the same size as the small player; in other words, large player does not change the size. Full screen still works but I would like to view many video's in Large size.

Anyone noticed this and/or can give a way to fix this and get it to display the large player (which is the middle option)?

Thanks

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Do you have any add-ons installed? Such as download tools. Maybe your browser updated itself without you knowing and broke the compatibility with such add-ons. Disable/uninstall/update the add-ons and see if that fixes the problem. Also try different browsers and see if the issue persists.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Make you have the latest version of Flash installed. It was just updated this last week.

techwanabe

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
I don't recall adding any add-in's but I'll check that.

Make you have the latest version of Flash installed. It was just updated this last week.

This. I'll try updating flash. That sounds like a good place to start.

update:

I've downloaded and installed the latest Adobe Flash player ... the same thing is going on. I chose "large player" and the picture justs shifts over to the right and remains the same size. So apparently that isn't the problem.

I'll look at disabling those add on's now.

Last edited:

wetomb

Jun 22, 2010
I get the same thing. No idea of the cause. If I refresh the page it works again until I restart my browser. Give that a go and see if it works.

ninaholic37

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2012
The large player works for me. I'm using PaleMoon 15.1.1 browser. I don't turn on Flash though (seems more youtube videos are compatible with HTML5 lately - used to be around 50%, but it's worked for over 90% this weekend, and I've watched around 200 youtube videos... maybe I've just been lucky).

techwanabe

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
Update. The other computer it works on (both are XP machines). Wierd, but this computer still no joy. I hope it corrects soon.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
strange.. i just noticed that problem here, in firefox but not IE. maybe it's flash related?
I'm going to try using with no addons and see what happens.

EDIT: looks fine with no addons so i narrowed it down and it is Flashblock. How strange!!

Last edited:

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
The problem persists for me in Chrome, with a few add-ons installed. I don't have Flashblock installed, though.

The large player works fine in a clean install of Firefox with no plugins.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Found the problem was related to a plugin called "Fastest Tube" (that provides downloading of YT videos). Once it was disabled or removed, the large player works again.