Can't install printer driver...

imported_nocturne

Jun 21, 2005
Whenever I try to install drivers for this printer, whether it's the XP drivers, the win2k drivers off of EpsonUSA, or the "winxp" drivers off the Epson Europe site, the drivers ask for a series of files off of the XP install cd that don't exist. I haven't found these files in any other driver package or on the XP install (or sp2 slipstream). Here's a list of the files:

epnhte3q.dll
EPNDDE3Q.cfg
EPNDDE3Q.dat
EPNDVE3Q.ini
EPNDRV01.dll
EPNDVE3Q.gpd
EPNDVX3Q.gpd
EPNGUI30.dll
EPNDVX00.gpd
EPNGUI11.hlp
EPNUTX22.dll
EPUTPI31.dxt x
EPUTBM08.wbf x

The last two files I found on an epson driver package. The rest, as far as I know are all known to be Epson files. Of course, Epson won't help unless I pay $10 to get a series of useless advice and transferring from a heavilly accented tech support department in an unknown part of the world, all on long distance.

If anybody has these files (maybe win2k files?) and could send me a package, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

montag451

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Firstly, read the manual.

Sometimes the peripheral needs to be switched on and connected at boot so that windows can load the drivers.
Sometimes all disconnected till the drivers have been installed.
Sometimes you have to install the item manually from the cd..........

imported_nocturne

Jun 21, 2005
Wasn't a problem with the install procedure. I ended up finding the files on a win2k disk I had laying around. Thanks anyways.