Can't Install Missing Sync on my Hack

Ninjakat

Jun 23, 2000
I'm having trouble installing Missing Sync for Blackberry or Palm on my Hack. Error message is "This software cannot be installed on this computer" or something about not having a valid network address. I tried deleting the NetworkPreferences plist as instructed by the Mark Space help, but that didn't help. Has anyone had this problem and found way to install?

Thanks,
Keith

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Specs of Hackintosh? Installation method? Onboard or third-party network card?

racolvin

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2004
yea, need more detail.

I installed Missing Sync for Windows Mobile on my Hack and it works splendidly :)

Ninjakat

Jun 23, 2000
Sorry, here's what I have....running 10.5.6.

MB - Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
CPU - Q9550
Video - EVGA-9800GTX+
RAM - 4GB Corsair
PCI Network card - TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR 10/ 100/ 1000/ 2000Mbps PCI
USB sound - SYBA USB

Install was per Kaido's latest kit for the UD3P with the no sound and no network option.

Thanks,
Keith

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Is there a demo? I'll try it on my UD3P.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Ninjakat
Here's the MarkSpace download page..... I use Blackberry V1.03 and Palm OS V6.04. Not sure how far in the installation they ask for the registration codes tho'.

www.markspace.com/downloads.html

I got this:
Registration Error

Registration relies on a valid network address. It appears that your primary network interface is not configured properly. Click "Learn More" to learn how to correct this problem. Registration will now be canceled.
It took me here:

https://support.markspace.com/...rticle&kbarticleid=240

I tried this and it worked. Here are the instructions:

1. Open this folder: Library > Preferences > SystemConfiguration
2. Delete the "NetworkInterfaces.plist" file (it will ask for your password)
3. Reboot

Now try installing again. For whatever reason it thinks that the NetworkInterface Plist is corrupted or something, so a simple delete-reboot fixed it for me.

Ninjakat

Jun 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Kaido
Here's the MarkSpace download page..... I use Blackberry V1.03 and Palm OS V6.04. Not sure how far in the installation they ask for the registration codes tho'.

I got this:

Registration Error

Registration relies on a valid network address. It appears that your primary network interface is not configured properly. Click "Learn More" to learn how to correct this problem. Registration will now be canceled.
It took me here:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://support.markspace.com/...rticle&kbarticleid=240"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://support.markspace.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=240">https://support.markspac.........barticleid=240</a></a>

3. Reboot

Now try installing again. For whatever reason it thinks that the NetworkInterface Plist is corrupted or something, so a simple delete-reboot fixed it for me.

Unfortunately I tried that about 4 times and kept getting the same error.

Ninjakat

Jun 23, 2000

I got this:

Registration Error

It took me here:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://support.markspace.c......le&kbarticleid=240"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://support.markspace.com/...rticle&kbarticleid=240"><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="https://support.markspace.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=240">https://support.marks............icleid=240</a></a></a>

3. Reboot

Unfortunately I tried that about 4 times and kept getting the same error.

On a related note, Time Machine cannot find the network interface so it won't work. Looks like I have a network issue. Funny that internet and file sharing seem to work fine.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Just a hunch Ninjakat: but did you disable the onboard Ethernet ports in the BIOS?

I had all sorts of similar troubles with Time Machine and other things when I added a PCI network card, and disabled the onboard Ethernet in the BIOS of one of my Hacks. (An EP-DS3L system). When I simply enabled the onboard again in the BIOS, even though I don't use it in favor of the PCI card, every issue I had went away. OSX just seems to want that onboard Ethernet adapter present, active or not, because some core functions seem to be bound to it. Hopefully it might be as simple a solution for you also.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Zaap
Just a hunch Ninjakat: but did you disable the onboard Ethernet ports in the BIOS?

I had all sorts of similar troubles with Time Machine and other things when I added a PCI network card, and disabled the onboard Ethernet in the BIOS of one of my Hacks. (An EP-DS3L system). When I simply enabled the onboard again in the BIOS, even though I don't use it in favor of the PCI card, every issue I had went away. OSX just seems to want that onboard Ethernet adapter present, active or not, because some core functions seem to be bound to it. Hopefully it might be as simple a solution for you also.

Hmm I'll investigate this further this weekend. Anyone have a hack and a wifi card? I'd like to test that as well...maybe it applies to ALL third-party network adapters.

Ninjakat

Jun 23, 2000

Yup, I disabled the onboard ethernet in BIOS. I'll try re-enabling them this afternoon and see what happens.

Thanks!

Ninjakat

Jun 23, 2000

Yup, I disabled the onboard ethernet in BIOS. I'll try re-enabling them this afternoon and see what happens.

Thanks!

Okay, enabled onboard networks, but no luck. The same error messages show up.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004

Thanks!

Very odd. Just for fun, PM me your Boot Plist - type this into Terminal to open it:

open -a ?TextEdit? /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Ninjakat

Jun 23, 2000

Thanks!

Very odd. Just for fun, PM me your Boot Plist - type this into Terminal to open it:

open -a ?TextEdit? /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Hey Kaido! I must have screwed something up in the original install....maybe not checking the EFI Ethernet string box, but it's working now. I ended up re-rerunning UInstaller.....

Thanks much for your help!