Can't install drivers on 6800gt.

BigCheeZ2000

Jun 14, 2003
My computer is acting very strange recently. The only thing I know of that I changed before the problems started happening was counter-strike updating itself on Steam. After I reboot the computer goes through the entire loading windows thing and when windows is supposed to come up my screen goes black and my monitor says there is no input. I boot into safe mode and it works fine. I uninstall my nvidia drivers and use driver cleaner and now I can boot into windows in regular mode. Problem is that anytime I try and install new nvidia drivers my screen goes black and I get no signal on my monitor. I also tried installing the drivers manually (just going through system devices, etc..) but it gives me no input when windows loads.

So what do you think? It is very strange. I am also occassionally getting weird problems where my computer freezes up and some random pattern will go all over my computer. This happens inside and outside of windows. Since I have taken off the drivers I have had no problems with this.