Can't House Dems ask Mueller for his full report?

omega3

Feb 19, 2015
Would it legally be possible for House Dems to ask Mueller himself (or someone from his team) to give them the full unredacted report? What are their options?

Seems pretty clear the DOJ will not coöperate and can drag this on for months if not years in courts.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Not likely. It's not "his" report however he can testify about the material found in it. Obviously, legitimately confidential material would not be brought up in open session and perhaps some things in a SCIF. It would be best for him if he dissolved all employment with the Federal government first as we've already seen how petty this administration can be.

omega3

Feb 19, 2015
Does Mueller still work for government. I thought he had retired but could be wrong.

If he really cares about the full truth to come out, it will have to come from him.

At this point Republicans (Trump, Barr, etc) are just toying with Dems with a "whadda you gonna do about it heh" mentality

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Does Mueller still work for government. I thought he had retired but could be wrong.

If he really cares about the full truth to come out, it will have to come from him.

At this point Republicans (Trump, Barr, etc) are just toying with Dems with a "whadda you gonna do about it heh" mentality

I'm not sure what his status is. I'm not even sure if he was paid as an employee while Special Counsel, but it's a good question to ask. Why I mention it at all is because others have been fired immediately before retirement in retribution so they cannot collect their retirement or a significant portion of it.

But while you are correct about the Administration playing games, the foolish game of "whadda you gonna do" is something which has been played before, not by 45 but 37 and that didn't end well.