Can't go to bathroom except at home

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
My coworker mentioned that he's going home...this was in the middle of a work day. Reminded me of that one scene in American Pie where Finch can't go to the bathroom in his high school.

Is there a name to this 'condition'.....can't go to any bathroom except at one's house?

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
I don't know but I had a roommate do this and it was hilarious. He would drive home from work (about 20 min each way) during lunch hour. Never understood it but I'm sure someone has named it as a "condition" by now.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Wapp
How many threads are you going to make?

Until I run out of my curiosity, or when they announce that its time to board the plane...whichever comes first.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I could care less if I'm at work, home, or a friends house. Hell, I dont care if Im at a stranger's house. What's the big deal? I'll even talk on my cell phone in the stall.

BillyBobJoel71

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2005
It's usually not going to the bathroom away from home. It's more like not being able to go when there are many other people talking and doing stuff in the bathroom.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Consider this:

Some people are disgusted by the smells and noises in public toilets.
Even at more upscale places or at work, the toilets can be nasty.

Also, maybe the person has hemorrhoids or some other medical condition, and needs/likes/prefers to wash, not wipe (TP can be irritating)... how the hell can you wash in a public toilet, when you need warm water and soap???

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
I usually don't go because someone smeared their feces all over the toilet seat. Plus, the toilet paper roll is empty and there's no seat covers. Most bathrooms don't even have those brown paper towels, so I can't use that as a TP substitute either.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Getting over my anxiety about shitting in public bathrooms has made my life much easier. I never would drive home, but I used to avoid it if possible. I'm still a little bashful though. I avoid plopage if someone else is in the bathroom, and I do feel a little embarassed if I have to flush 2-3 times with all the wiping.

YJK76

Sep 28, 2004
my bf is like this! he'll hold it in as much as possible until he gets home at the end of the day.
i'm sure he'll post on here once he reads this, hehe.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
I could care less if I'm at work, home, or a friends house. Hell, I dont care if Im at a stranger's house. What's the big deal? I'll even talk on my cell phone in the stall.

I would feel awkward talking on the john

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
I would take number 1s in public restrooms but not number 2s. Is there something for that?

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
I couldn't care less if I'm at work, home, or a friends house. Hell, I dont care if Im at a stranger's house. What's the big deal? I'll even talk on my cell phone in the stall.

Yea, yea, I am a grammar nazi.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
I use to be like this, I would hold everything in until I got home. The worst part was when I had an entire bottle (600ml or so) for lunch on an empty stomach for lunch. The "alarm" went off at 1pm and I just kep dancing in my seat, even if there was a test, until 3:30pm at which I ran for the bus home. If the "alarm" went off during the morning, I'd wait till lunch unless I was about to explode. Now, I just use whatever's there, but try my best to avoid using the toilet seat if possible. It's partly about cleanliness, "exposure" of oneself and the availability of soap/faucet.

Aug 23, 2000
Well we know who hasn't been in the military.

I have no qualms about crapping in public, I've crapped in fields, and peoples yards. You're acting like what you do is something that only you do. Everyone takes a dump and everyone's shit stinks.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Hey, when nature calls, I answer. You have to admit though, there is a HUGE home court advantage:p

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
there's something satisifying about taking a crap at work. i get paid to take s#it!