Can't flash Bio, q9400, ip35pro

bfu

Feb 4, 2008
Hi,
I just bought a Q9400 from MC, with a old Abit IP35pro MB, I tried to set FSB to 400 and run the CPU at 3.2Gh with Vcore 1.25, but I could get it stable. I look around internet, forums, I heard people say that bio 18 is good for quad, so I download it and used 2 flapy to flash. But I couldn't, it always stop at the AWDFLASH screen where there is a window shown the BIN file and a flashing " Please input the filename " or something like that, I press "Enter", nothing happens, first I thought it was my keyboard(USB), so I switch it to a PS/2? keyboard, still the same. I Can't flash the bio. I'm not a total newbie, I flashed before. but I just can not figure out what's wrong. Can someone here help me?
Thanks
Btw, my current bio is 17

bfu

Feb 4, 2008
Thanks Binky,
That is exactly what I did, I followed the same instruction from the link above.
I used AWD890.EXE since it came with the beta bio 18, After I type in the command:
AWD890.EXE BIOSNAME /e /py /sn /wb /cd /cp /cc /cks
I got into the next screen where there is a window shown the bio BIN file and a flashing " Please input the filename " or something like that, I press "Enter", But, nothing happens.
I have tried a number of time, always stuck there.
I think I'm giving up.I just ordered a Giga EP45-UD3P from Egg.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Use the batch files included with any full BIOS release (ABITFAE.BAT and RUNME.BAT).

Just edit the RUNME file with your bios name. Boot to DOS, run the RUNME batch file, and it should required little if any user input.

PM me and I can email a zip file with everything ready to go including BIOS 18, if you need that.