Cant Find a Best Graphic Card for ASUS P5G41T-MLX3 MotherBoard? PSU?

Sharana Sree

Sep 25, 2016
I am Planing to Buy a New graphic card for gaming. May be i need to buy a PSU also. i am so much confused to select a graphic card that fits everything. I hope U guys suggest me a Best One for Me. Firstly, please check my System specs.

My system specs :

My Situation :

So, Please feel free to Provide any of Your Suggestions here for me.

*Note: Length of Card doesn't matter as i can place HDD's Somewhere else.

Thank you so much.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
What software are you using for video editing and modelling?...Rx460 is bottom end, you will be lucky to play HD gaming on that.

Sharana Sree

Sep 25, 2016
What software are you using for video editing and modelling?...Rx460 is bottom end, you will be lucky to play HD gaming on that.
Simple Video Editing with Ciberlink Powerdirector. Even though Editing is secondary. i should play games while recording.

daxzy

Dec 22, 2013
I don't know how good the used market is in India, but with a limited budget, you should seriously consider buying used equipment rather than new.

For video cards, you can look at low end Maxwells (GTX 750/Ti, GTX 950). I'd also look into a CPU upgrade... you can drop in a 45nm Core 2 Quad for very cheap (at least on eBay, you could ask if they ship to India).

Edit: Saw your PSU, edited out the Tonga suggestion. As for your PSU, unless its getting old and has bulging caps, there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to handle a low power GPU like either the RX 460 or low end Maxwell. The molex draws from 12V and 5V, and it looks like your PSU is rated at 25A/12V. It should deliver enough power for both a low end Maxwell/Polaris and a Core 2 Duo easily. 45nm Core 2 Quad should be doable, but not a guarantee.

Also, nothing wrong with using a DVI -> VGA adapter.

Last edited:

Sharana Sree

Sep 25, 2016
Simple Video Editing with Ciberlink Powerdirector. Even though Editing is secondary. i should play games while recording.

Sharana Sree

Sep 25, 2016
I don't know how good the used market is in India, but with a limited budget, you should seriously consider buying used equipment rather than new.

For video cards, you can look at low end Maxwells (GTX 750/Ti, GTX 950). I'd also look into a CPU upgrade... you can drop in a 45nm Core 2 Quad for very cheap (at least on eBay, you could ask if they ship to India).

Edit: Saw your PSU, edited out the Tonga suggestion. As for your PSU, unless its getting old and has bulging caps, there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to handle a low power GPU like either the RX 460 or low end Maxwell. The molex draws from 12V and 5V, and it looks like your PSU is rated at 25A/12V. It should deliver enough power for both a low end Maxwell/Polaris and a Core 2 Duo easily. 45nm Core 2 Quad should be doable, but not a guarantee.

Also, nothing wrong with using a DVI -> VGA adapter.
i will definitely but a new PSU as my current one is not from a trusted brand.

and I heard That "DVI to VGA adapter won't fit on the card RX 460 and it shouldn't because is a passive adapter and won't work. You need an active adapter as that GPU doesn't support an analog VGA signal."

daxzy

Dec 22, 2013
i will definitely but a new PSU as my current one is not from a trusted brand.

and I heard That "DVI to VGA adapter won't fit on the card RX 460 and it shouldn't because is a passive adapter and won't work. You need an active adapter as that GPU doesn't support an analog VGA signal."

Oh, that guy's probably right. DVI-D to VGA needs an active adapter to convert the digital signal to analog. At work we have a bunch of Raritan KVM's that have DVI-D and bought the below to convert to VGA. The one you linked is a passive adapter that only works for DVI-I (which can do either analog or digital signals).

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Female-Adapter/dp/B012DLMS1W

As for the Corsair VS450, it's specs are better (more A on 12V), but at this point if you're on a budget, you should just open up your PSU to see if the caps are bulging or not. If it seems fine, I don't really see the need to replace at this time (maybe later during a sale?).

Reactions: Sharana Sree

Sharana Sree

Sep 25, 2016
Oh, that guy's probably right. DVI-D to VGA needs an active adapter to convert the digital signal to analog. At work we have a bunch of Raritan KVM's that have DVI-D and bought the below to convert to VGA. The one you linked is a passive adapter that only works for DVI-I (which can do either analog or digital signals).

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Female-Adapter/dp/B012DLMS1W

As for the Corsair VS450, it's specs are better (more A on 12V), but at this point if you're on a budget, you should just open up your PSU to see if the caps are bulging or not. If it seems fine, I don't really see the need to replace at this time (maybe later during a sale?).

Thank You So Much, You brought my hopes back to buy RX460. and tell me if i shd only use DVI - D to VGA adapter or can i also use HDMI to VGA like http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00IHJU8U8

daxzy

Dec 22, 2013
Thank You So Much, You brought my hopes back to buy RX460. and tell me if i shd only use DVI - D to VGA adapter or can i also use HDMI to VGA like http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00IHJU8U8

You linked DisplayPort to VGA, but yes, there should be no difference, just get whatever is cheaper (HDMI/DVI-D/DP). They all have to convert the digital signal to analog. This is why all of them have a dongle instead of just being an adapter.

Last edited: