Can't do my Taxes... Will blame the Government !

Noirish

Diamond Member
May 2, 2000
Originally posted by: VBboy
I'm trying to do my taxes online, but their free online service page is not loading (probably too many visitors)...
http://www.irs.gov/app/freeFile/welcome.jsp

So I figured, I just won't do my taxes and will blame them. Wish me luck :)

haha.
it's a pain to do tax, but at least a lot more people will get refunds back this year.
they should've be like some European countries just charge a fix rate on everyone...

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Are they really that complicated? Just do the paper route. Shouldn't take you more than an hour or so unless you have all kinds of crazy capital gains and such.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Are they really that complicated? Just do the paper route. Shouldn't take you more than an hour or so unless you have all kinds of crazy capital gains and such.

TurboTax caught things I wouldn't have known about. It got me $200+ in extra refunds.

$6 well spent IMHO.

BTW, if you're just now doing your taxes you should be ashamed of yourself. I started doing mine the day Oregon's tax schedule posted.

Viper GTS

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

TurboTax caught things I wouldn't have known about. It got me $200+ in extra refunds.

$6 well spent IMHO.

Viper GTS
Out of curiousity, what did it catch?

VBboy

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000

$6 well spent IMHO.

Viper GTS

Pot became tax-deducatble as of 2001 :D

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

$6 well spent IMHO.

Viper GTS

Saver's credit (or something like that, for my 401k contributions) + tuition costs.

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

$6 well spent IMHO.

Viper GTS

If one more person suggests I'm stoned I will likely kill them.

:p

Viper GTS

VBboy

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000

$6 well spent IMHO.

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

You'd have to be stoned to promise to kill someone. We are all very worried. Are you in fact stoned? :D

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000

$6 well spent IMHO.

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

You'd have to be stoned to promise to kill someone. We are all very worried. Are you in fact stoned? :D
Quick! Throw a bag of Doritos to distract him before he kills someone! :p

ASK THE COMMUNITY