Can't decide what kinda car/suv/truck to get....

Mackie2k

May 18, 2000
www.windowsintune.com
Back in September we got rid of my truck and my girlfriend and I started carpooling to work. She decided to go back to school this week...so I have a month to get a car.

Here's the issue:

[*]I like having a truck for the utility, but hate the gas mileage and driving a big slow truck all the time.

[*]I drive 50 miles a day, so I wanna be comfty and enjoy the drive. I love to drive fast, but not a ricer or anything.

[*]Don't want to spend over $450 a month if I can help it.

I've been looking at leasing another car, I've been happy leasing cars in the past and love changing vehicles.

I'm looking at one deal from Audi for an A4 2.0 Quattro Lease, $379 a month, no money down, 24 months.

I thought about getting a used cars, but I hate buying used....

Any good SUV's out there for decent deals right now? Damnit, too many choices...

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Why even bother looking at a compact (well, small) sedan?

Anyways, what exactly do you need the utility for? There are a lot of decent small SUVs, but their towing and load capacities aren't that great.

Mackie2k

May 18, 2000
www.windowsintune.com
Originally posted by: Strk
Why even bother looking at a compact (well, small) sedan?

Anyways, what exactly do you need the utility for? There are a lot of decent small SUVs, but their towing and load capacities aren't that great.

Don't need to tow.....just like the extra room for projects and picking up stuff.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
SUV's aren't going to give you decent fuel economy.

Why not just buy a small car like a Focus, Sunfire, etc....

nothing's wrong with a used car. Lots of 2 year old cars with low mileage and warranty at a great price.

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
That current A4 deal is actually an excellent deal, and the 2.0T will get good gas mileage. How about a station wagon? You're not going to get comparable gas mileage out of an SUV.

Mackie2k

May 18, 2000
www.windowsintune.com
Originally posted by: DeviousTrap
That current A4 deal is actually an excellent deal, and the 2.0T will get good gas mileage. How about a station wagon? You're not going to get comparable gas mileage out of an SUV.

If I could get the A4 Avant for that same price, I probably would......I really like the wagon.