saimike

Oct 30, 2000
i'm putting together this system:

msi k8n neo2 plat
a64 3000+ s939
kingmax ddr500 512mb
radeon 9700 pro
enermax noisetaker 420w

when i tried to select the "Cell Menu" -> "HT frequency" in the BIOS, i get an empty popup menu and the system hangs. right now, it seems that its stuck on 5x ... so i cant oc the a64 i have. the mobo came with the latest v1.3 BIOS ...

any ideas?

Dustswirl

May 30, 2002
YW :)
Yepp, seems to be happening to all new bioses and it sometimes happens with the memory speeds and sometimes cpu multies. but i don't think it's that critical.
happy ocing!

DaveRun

Nov 6, 2004
Siamike

Whenever reseting the Bios, flashing, or even initial setup you should first Load Fail-Safe Defaults, F10 save and reboot, then when you go back into reset all the parameters in the bios you will have the selection menu for the HT frequency.

Some users on the MSI forums have noticed other odd things if the defaults aren't loaded first.

athlon2004

Oct 18, 2004
You can also use the beta bios 1.36. This will fix the problem and if you overclock, it will give you a nice selection of voltages as well.

saimike

Oct 30, 2000
thanks for the heads up guys. strangely, i can now go into the "HT freq" menu now ... odd ... perhaps it was stuck or something earlier and when i used the pg-up/dn to select 4x HT freq, it did something to make it work again. funny.