Can't Burn...Even with replaced drive. UHH!

Mundos

Apr 29, 2006
Hi,

All the drives read perfectly, and the computer is functioning fine. Its stable with p95, no memory issues (ive tried different ram just for fun) and its a fresh install of windows. the previous installation had the exact same problem.

its an acer aspire 360d4200 with new ram hd psu and optical drives.

any help would be appreciated! I'm trying to sell it but i need it to be working properly or i'll take a big hit.

Thanks!

Mundos

Apr 29, 2006
trying to burn iso images, data, anything

burning onto ridata cd-rs or dvd-rs the disks aren't defective

i'm using deep burner, but ive also tried nero

Mundos

Apr 29, 2006
already did a f/r i'll give ubuntu a quick try...i think i did this before but i dont remember the result...ive shelved it for a while hoping id come up with something.

alyarb

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2009
get the make/model of the burner and flash the firmware on the drive. doesn't matter if it's older or newer as long as it's something other than what you've got.

Mundos

Apr 29, 2006
i have reinstalled windows about 4 times now and 3 different firmwares anything else it could be?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Apparently, XP sees your optical as a player but not a burner.

Follow VirtualLarry's advice. For XP, try this (after you back up your registry.) In RegEdit go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

click run, type regedit and surf to that reg key. Then delete the contents of the upperfilters and lowerfilters keys. Then reboot. Before messing with the registry remember to back it up, you can find instructions on how to back up and restore the registry form Microsoft's site. Also you may have to re-install whatever cd burner app you are using afterward.