Canon SD-200 VS. Casio Exilim S100

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
Casio Exilim S100

Canon Powershot SD-200

The two cameras are almost identical price.

I currently have a Canon A75, but it is too big to carry in my pocket to parties etc. I think the quality of pictures it takes are amazing (shows you what I know about photography).

I am looking for a camera to take pictures at night mostly and something that is super small. So far I am leaning towards the Canon because my experiance with them so far has been excellent and I can pick it up online with a 3 year extended warranty and not have to go to ebay.

Does anyone have any experiance with either of these, or could tell me something more about them? Any help would be much appreciated!

Albis

Platinum Member
May 29, 2004
I have experience with the Exilim and did not like it. My girlfriend has the Optio S4 or 5i I think and it's a damn nice camera. It's small and fits in an altoids tin. I think the S5i can be found online for around 250 or so.

I will be purchasing the Optio S5z next month when it gets released.

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Albis
I have experience with the Exilim and did not like it. My girlfriend has the Optio S4 or 5i I think and it's a damn nice camera. It's small and fits in an altoids tin. I think the S5i can be found online for around 250 or so.

I will be purchasing the Optio S5z next month when it gets released.

Thanks for the input! I hadn't even considered Pentax. We have one of their film cameras and it has been an excellent camera.

Is this the camera your girlfriend has?

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
Originally posted by: infestedgh0st
sd 200

Have you had experiance with it? It seems like the problem with the casio is the time between taking pictures with the flash on. Does the Canon have a long time in between as well?

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
Awsome, I think i'll go for the SD-200. Hopefully a friend can get me a deal at a store he works at :) .