Canon MP610, can't get it to scan higher than 600dpi?

TailsNZ

Nov 27, 2004
I just got the Canon MP610, and have installed the software and such. Trying to scan a photo however, and the resolution options only go up to 600dpi. How confusing :/ It's a 4800dpi x 9600dpi scanner. Not that I'd want to scan quite that high of course, but higher than 600 would be nice.

I've tried searching Google and the forum here but haven't had much luck. Does anyone here have that printer? Or have any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

NoelS

Oct 5, 2007
TailsNZ,

Have you considered going to Canon Tech Support? or the web site's FAQ? Maybe one or the other would know what's going on... Certainly the software driver should let you pick higher resolutions. Maybe re-installing the drivers would help...

Noel

TailsNZ

Nov 27, 2004
Thanks! But hmm yeah I've had a really good look around, and even in the manual it never mentions higher than 600 dpi. There's charts and all sorts about dpi, but nothing about 600. Something strange is going on here :/ I could be wrong, but I don't think Canon have released any software to scan at anywhere near that resolution. It's kind of like buying a 16x DVD writer when only 2x media was available.

I'll try giving Canon a call on Monday and see what they think (I work in an electronics chain here, so I'm extra curious to know the truth about this)