Canon Digital Rebel now...or wait?

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
I know that Canon is supposed to be releasing 20+ camera's this year and I'm sure some of them will be similiar to the dSLR's they have out now. Do you think that the improvements these new cameras will offer would make it worthwhile to wait...or should i just say 'ef' it and buy the sweet 300 right now?

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: toekramp
I know that Canon is supposed to be releasing 20+ camera's this year and I'm sure some of them will be similiar to the dSLR's they have out now. Do you think that the improvements these new cameras will offer would make it worthwhile to wait...or should i just say 'ef' it and buy the sweet 300 right now?

wait. there are other "affordable" SLR cams that are supposed to come out this year. of course, if you want to get a camera now, it's a toss between the sony 828 and the e300 atteh $1k lvl. the 828 has a better feature set, the e300 has a better imaging system.

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Mday

wait. there are other "affordable" SLR cams that are supposed to come out this year. of course, if you want to get a camera now, it's a toss between the sony 828 and the e300 atteh $1k lvl. the 828 has a better feature set, the e300 has a better imaging system.

828 doesn't have the option of changing lenses...kind of kills it in my book

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Canon isn't changing the DRebel till this time next, or so the rumors go.

Canon is supposed to release a new 10D and 1D at this years PMA.

I was very close to getting a Sony F828. After reading a few reviews and the forums over at DPR, I ordered a DR yesterday.

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: dartworth
Canon isn't changing the DRebel till this time next, or so the rumors go.

Canon is supposed to release a new 10D and 1D at this years PMA.

I was very close to getting a Sony F828. After reading a few reviews and the forums over at DPR, I ordered a DR yesterday.

awesome :) where'd you order it from?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I'm sticking with my G2 until this Christmas unless I REALLY want a new camera for a short summer vacation or something.

I have the feeling Canon will announce an 8 MPX CMOS sensor, which will eventually find its way into the next-gen digital Rebel. I won't expect another Rebel until October/November 2004.

Edit: I may grab a 10D if its replacement model cause the price to drop to near-Rebel levels.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
B & H. They are one of the best, if not the best.

NewEgg had a few in yesterday, now they are out. They say they will have more on 1/18.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
I'm buying the digital rebel when I get my tax return.

DurocShark's glorious return to SLR's!!! :D

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Anubis
Im gonna wait till Nikon puts out the D70. which should happen this spring

it only comes with the body right? no lense?

i actually think its gonna have a lens

but that doesnt matter to me i allready have enough Nikon Glass anyway

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
Im gonna wait till Nikon puts out the D70. which should happen this spring

it only comes with the body right? no lense?

i actually think its gonna have a lens

but that doesnt matter to me i allready have enough Nikon Glass anyway

hmmm...well if i owned glass already that would change things. but as i'm a SLR n00b, i just want to make sure i start out with the right manufactuer :)

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
im waiting for the D70 to pan out. i hope it works out really well. besides their stupid commitment to that crappy flash based memory.

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Sid59
im waiting for the D70 to pan out. i hope it works out really well. besides their stupid commitment to that crappy flash based memory.

ya, it'd be nice to actually see a review of this model