Canon A40 for $149.99 with free shipping, S45 $349.99

m1ke101

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2001
nice price, but no phone number or address listed on their website....talk about shady.

udonoogen

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2001
does yahoo offer protection if you buy from one of their "yahoo stores" or are they hands off?

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
I just read through a thread at the wallet and they are just as unsure as I am about the place. Someone did place an order but has not received anykind of confirmation or anything. Someone also suggested that the place might be getting credit card numbers and using them for other things. if you take the risk then I would suggest using a one time only CC number. I might give it a whirl to see if I can get another S45.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
I wouldn't make the order if I were you.

1) Yahoo has nothing to do with the seller
2) The seller has NO WEBSITE and NO CONTACT INFORMATION
3) No one has gotten an order from them before and they don't have a reseller rating
4) No ones gonna pricematch a shady order form.
5) No company can profit at the prices their stuff is at

I don't know why the AT and FW people are giving this site the time of day. Really, I don't. It reeks of a scam, no doubt about it

hawkeye81x

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2001
This site has already been thoroughly discussed on the skinny purse site.

I've emailed the company regarding contact info but have not heard back yet so I doubt the company's very reliable.

I'm pretty sure RossMan would not approve.

UF Jspec

Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: hawkeye81x
This site has already been thoroughly discussed on the skinny purse site.

I've emailed the company regarding contact info but have not heard back yet so I doubt the company's very reliable.

I'm pretty sure RossMan would not approve.

Since Rossman hasn't responded yet, I'll disapprove for him via proxy vote.

SgtZulu

Banned
Sep 15, 2001
anybody that would give their cc# to a business with a yahoo e-mail account deserves to get scammed

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I haven't even looked at the website in question and I already disapprove.

BTW is the Canon A40 a good digicam? ;)

Just wait for OfficeMax.com to get it back in stock, use an OM $50 off $250 coupon + free shipping = good deal

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
No idea what so ever but when it is back in stock and after it gets posted here, they'll be out of stock by the next day :D

MemnochtheDevil

Aug 19, 2001
Originally posted by: k000
Does anyone know what is the max CF card the A40 can take ?

I don't have my manual with me but I've been using a 256mb card since my last vacation. It holds a ton of photos and video on that card.

I'd assume you could use as much memory as the CF standard can hold. I thought that was the benefit of having the memory controller built into the CF card. I could be wrong though, thats just off the top of my head.

Memnoch

integsr97

Jan 12, 2003
Anyone know which retailers (B&M or online) would accept a pricematch using this DigitalDeal4you site?

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: integsr97
Anyone know which retailers (B&M or online) would accept a pricematch using this DigitalDeal4you site?

none most likely