Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Yeah. Serious question. Anyone know a good site to buy cheap candles? I'm thinking of the scented big kind, that burn for hours and usually cost $5 or so at the local drug store. Is there a good source to buy these things online for less?

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
None online.

Wife swears by candle sales at local Michael's arts and crafts store.

You're thinking you can get those big candles (in a jar) for less than $5 somewhere else?

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Every single freakin' mall I have EVER been dragged through has a Yankee Candle.

I had NO IDEA candles came in so many god damn flavors.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Originally posted by: isekii
go hit up the dollar store

Oh man... I forgot about the Jesus candles! That right!

I have a friend of mine that would go to the dollar store and buy those 8" tall candles with the saints and Mary and Jesus and crap on it for a buck a piece when hurricane season came around. Those are perfect.

EDIT: For the vampires that can't shop B&M, this is the cheapest I could find online for different candles.....

http://www.knoxcigar.com/candles.html

L

Lola

quality candles are more expensive, but the burn time is longer with less soot and better smell.
Go to Bath and Body Works (they are everywhere and online) and look in their clearance selection.
They have some REALLY nice ones, they will last a long time and you can choose a scent you like.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: jonnyGURU
Every single freakin' mall I have EVER been dragged through has a Yankee Candle.

I had NO IDEA candles came in so many god damn flavors.

I despise that store, I can barely breathe when I set foot in it.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
quality candles are more expensive, but the burn time is longer with less soot and better smell.
Go to Bath and Body Works (they are everywhere and online) and look in their clearance selection.
They have some REALLY nice ones, they will last a long time and you can choose a scent you like.

My wife works at BBW (White barn candle company) and worked at a place that sold yankee candles. Sadly enough now I can tell the difference between these candles and cheap ones. The scents are typically much better - and you can catch some pretty good sales esp in the clearance section like LolaWiz said

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Dee Jays Candles - Fort Worth

My wife has been buying candles for years, and these are by far the best she has ever found.

Yankee, Bath and Body, Michaels - none of them even compare to the price and quality that Dee Jays has.

Debbie picks up about $ 20 worth every month - some to burn and many more to 'gift' to friends and relatives.
And they always ask for more.