Candidate for Governor in Michigan: Teach Intelligent Design in Science Class

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

irwincur

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2002
How about we propose making East Michigan its own state? Anyone...?

Please do. Would make the rest of the state so much better. Actually, I wouldn't mind if the East side were to just dissapear - the rest of the nation probably wouldn't mind either.

astrosfan90

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2005
Originally posted by: getbush

The DeVos commercial where he makes excuses for their chinese operations is weak as hell.

That's because there's not much he can do to defend against the truth.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: astrosfan90
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbar...icle?AID=/20060920/NEWS99/60920015</a>">DeVos: Intelligent design should be taught in Michigan's science class</a>

Wow. I can't decide if he's got a screw loose, if he's utterly desperate because he can't seem to buy a lead in the polls no matter how many millions he spends on his campaign, or if he genuinely feels this way, but yikes. This is gonna make for an interesting race in Michigan from here on out.

According to the article, the incumbent, Jennifer Granholm, agrees that Intelligent Design could be taught in current events or religion courses, but not science.

Frankly, I think she's got it right. While I won't necessarily go so far as to say that ID shouldn't be taught, it doesn't belong in a science class.

His poll numbers have been fading. He had to do something extreme. Amway FTL. This guy needs to get a grip.

:thumbsup:

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
A pity. I was fully prepared to vote for even an Amway stooge given Granholm's less than impressive track record. Not anymore. Not sure how he plans to attract more biotech jobs by having creationism taught as biology.