Cancer strikes again.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
A nice fella who was on top of life, went camping together not too long ago. Little did anyone know he wouldn't be camping next year. Went for an exam with back pain a few months ago and was told he was a dead man. Sure enough, yesterday, RIP. Barely enough time to pack your stuff on your way out.

It's a scary thought when considering out of us two it could have just as easily been me. Hard to imagine one day looking forward to the next thing and then finding out you won't live till christmas. Left three kids behind too, life's a bitch.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
:(
rose.gif

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Originally posted by: aidanjm
who was this guy? someone you know well?
Not particularly, but he did come by once in a while, upbeat guy until his last visit a few weeks ago. The last time he was half way to his grave and it showed.

Originally posted by: Eli
Damn that's crazy. What did he have?

A camping trailer, my dad bought it from him shortly before he got the bad news.

Oh, you mean type of cancer, that I do not know. In the lung, but that's all I've been told. Tragedy too because he didn't smoke.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
Not particularly, but he did come by once in a while, upbeat guy until his last visit a few weeks ago. The last time he was half way to his grave and it showed.

A camping trailer, my dad bought it from him shortly before he got the bad news.

Oh, you mean type of cancer, that I do not know. In the lung, but that's all I've been told. Tragedy too because he didn't smoke.

colon, i bet.

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Yeah I thought it was weird how your back hurts like hell when you have lung problems..my lungs collapsed twice and i had corrective surgery on them just over a month ago, the first time i felt the back and chest pain i never suspected it was due to my lungs...

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000

My grandmother is currently battling the disease. She's a fighter, but it wasn't caught until late stage.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Azraele

My grandmother is currently battling the disease. She's a fighter, but it wasn't caught until late stage.
Nuts. My mom's got it too, melanoma type. It's all over the place.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Heh. Figures.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000

Smoking isn't the only cause of lung cancer.