Canadians.......

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
What I wanna know is do they really call each other "hosers" and end all sentences with "eh?" :)

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
if tv has lied to me, and it hasn't, then yes, they do all call each other hosers and say "eh" and "aboot" all the time.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
<< if tv has lied to me, and it hasn't, then yes, they do all call each other hosers and say &quot;eh&quot; and &quot;aboot&quot; all the time. >>

There it goes again. People being sucked in thinking that we always say eh and aboot. People say &quot;eh&quot;, but not EXCESSIVELY like a bunch of drones! :) And I have never, EVER, heard ANYBODY say &quot;aboot&quot; - that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

And call each other hosers? WTF????????????????????????

BillyD

Jul 1, 2000

<< And I have never, EVER, heard ANYBODY say &quot;aboot&quot; - that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! >>

I have. Well... does seeing it on the South Park movie count? ;)

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
Of course it doesn't count!

Anything on T.V, movies, etc, doesn't count!

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
if any of you know who Chris Benoit is, you've heard him say things like 'aboot.'

Cherry Bomb

Feb 1, 2000
i am a maritimer and i've never heard anyone say aboot or call someone a hoser, i do occasionally say eh at the end of a sentence but not often:)
haven't you guys seen the recent famous canadian beer commercial(Joe) making fun of the way americans see canadians?

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Stop picking on Candaians. Their parents made them be Canadian. Most of them didn't have a choice. ;)

Doin' Time (Van Halen)

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Maritimers generally do not say aboot (save for a few in Cape Breton) but it is rather common in the 4th province in Atlantic Canada (BTW for our American friends, Atlantic Canada does not equal The Maritimes, that would be like saying that the United Kingdom equals Great Britain). Newfoundland makes all the difference in the world. Praised be The Rock! :D

What's Simple Is True (Jewel)

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Kaiser__Sose;

<...all americans are inbred hillbillies...>

Only those in control of the TV.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hehe, now what is this thread aboot? It's aboot trolling for Canadians. It's aboot juvenile attacks. It's aboot belittling a neighbour you couldn't find on a map. It's aboot talking aboot something you have no idea aboot! :)

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :| :| :| :|

:p

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Why do we care about the distinction between &quot;Americans&quot; and &quot;Canadians&quot; so much? I mean, americans and canadians move back and forth between these 2 countries all the time... Many ppl live in one country and work in the other. You can't really tell who is &quot;American&quot; or who is &quot;Canadian&quot; anymore...

So what IF we do say aboot or eh? I am sure you &quot;Americans&quot; say some funny things too... I just don't see such a big deal with this...

Just my 2 cents... no offense intended.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Doomer: Don't take this wrong, because this is not meant to bash you in any way. I think you are a nice guy most of the time. But your idea of humour sometimes is pretty offensive to some people. In the last week or so, you have made fun of Catholics, stated that you thought Jewish people could not eat pigs because you &quot;thought they might consider them distant kin or something&quot; and now this. Now I am sure you did not mean to be as rude as you came across, but maybe you need to think about your posts a little more.

Doomer

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 1999
GF, I know I ticked you off a while back. I don't remember how but I do remember you turning cold all of a sudden. Let me say that I never meant to insult you or any other individual for that matter. I enjoy poking fun at human nature even if it's cultural. We all have dumb beliefs and habits and no group is worst than any other. I'm not predudice nor do I harbor a grudge againest anyone. I just enjoy poking fun at human nature. I appologize for offending you and hope you'll forgive me. :p

This was meant as a joke. I could just have easily used mexicans or any other ethnic group with a large presence on the NA Continent. I chose the Canandians because they seem to be less sensitive and have a better sense of humor. Posts in this thread show to be this to be true. I live in the swealtering south and would be proud to call myself a Canadian. Especially this time of year. :p

CompuWife

Jul 22, 2000
This is funny: I used to work in a 7-11 and an American walked in looked around the store and asked loudly: (add that southern twang)
&quot;What in Tarnation is a Nana-eem-o Bar??&quot;
Idiot,it's Nanaimo Bar (pronounced: nan eye moe)
So, when ever I see/hear of Americans make fun of us Canadians, I think of that tourist and his twangy southern accent. All I can do is laugh.