Canadian Pharmacies

Nov 30, 2006
I'm looking to get a couple prescriptions filled using an online Canadian pharmacy. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a legit pharmacy as there appears to be a lot of rogues out there. Thanks in advance for your help!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Is that still a thing? Only ask because there were attempted restrictions being put in place over that sort of thing. That was many years ago now and I haven't heard of anyone doing that in so long.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Pretty sad this country can't make drugs cheap for people to buy or won't approve of drugs that are needed. I seen it time and time again with petitions at change.org.

Feb 4, 2009
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty confident its illegal in the US to buy name brand prescriptions from outside the US.

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Pretty sad this country can't make drugs cheap for people to buy or won't approve of drugs that are needed. I seen it time and time again with petitions at change.org.

The medications are made cheap, but are sold for obscene prices in the US.

Nov 30, 2006
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty confident its illegal in the US to buy name brand prescriptions from outside the US.
It depends. This is from the FDA website. In my particular case, I'm legal.

In most circumstances, it is illegal for individuals to import drugs into the United States for personal use. This is because drugs from other countries that are available for purchase by individuals often have not been approved by FDA for use and sale in the United States. For example, if a drug is approved by Health Canada (FDA’s counterpart in Canada) but has not been approved by FDA, it is an unapproved drug in the United States and, therefore, illegal to import. FDA cannot ensure the safety and effectiveness of drugs that it has not approved.

FDA, however, has a policy explaining that it typically does not object to personal imports of drugs that FDA has not approved under certain circumstances, including the following situation:

• The drug is for use for a serious condition for which effective treatment is not available in the United States;
  • There is no commercialization or promotion of the drug to U.S. residents;
  • The drug is considered not to represent an unreasonable risk;
  • The individual importing the drug verifies in writing that it is for his or her own use, and provides contact information for the doctor providing treatment or shows the product is for the continuation of treatment begun in a foreign country; and
  • Generally, not more than a 3-month supply of the drug is imported.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005

Think of the poor pharmaceutical industry. Will someone please think of the pharmaceutical industry? :'(

twinrider1

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2003
HealthWarehouse.com is in the U.S. and seems to have good prices. I'd been looking around to lower prescription costs for a family member. I haven't used them because I found something local, but they look legit.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I order every couple of weeks from CanadaDrugs.com but if you try to go there your AV software will probably give you a message saying their certificate is expired or invalid.

If I didn't know better, I would stay away from such a site but I've been ordering from them a couple of times per month for an item that is only OTC in the UK and I haven't had any issues. Sometimes a shipment will take a little longer to get through customs but that the only problem I've had.

Nov 30, 2006
HealthWarehouse.com is in the U.S. and seems to have good prices. I'd been looking around to lower prescription costs for a family member. I haven't used them because I found something local, but they look legit.
The prices for what I'm looking for are much, much higher here. But thanks anyway.

Dec 10, 2005
I don't know?! Been awhile since I signed a change.org petition.

Okay...

Well, when you figure out which drugs successfully made it through clinical trials and are for some reason being held up in approval, feel free to let us know.

If I was a regulator, I personally wouldn't approve a drug simply based on some petition from the web. I'd want proof of efficacy from the general gold standard of evidence-based medicine: the random clinical trial.

Nov 30, 2006
You are welcome.

Have you looked into:
http://www.goodrx.com/

Ive saved quite a bit using them for local purchases. Good research there to find out the going price of an Rx.
The prices for the 2 specific meds I'm looking for are much cheaper at planetdrugsdirect.com. But thanks anyway. Prices for one of the meds runs consistently around $300 in the US...as opposed to a typical price of about $60 in Canada. Big difference!