Canadian Goose are back.... do you like them?

Qianglong

Jan 29, 2006
And they seem hungry and tired... should i start feeding them?

Also, some goose are nesting eggs...i am thinking of playing with the little goose when the hatch. Aren't these goose just cute?

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
We had one that would want to ride in the car with us, would swim out with us while we were in our boat, and would follow me as I cut the grass. I guess it didn't want to keep migrating. We gave it to an animal rescuer.

Qianglong

Jan 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
We had one that would want to ride in the car with us, would swim out with us while we were in our boat, and would follow me as I cut the grass. I guess it didn't want to keep migrating. We gave it to an animal rescuer.

Got pics? U should've adopted it...

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
They should be blown out of the sky with AAA until the air is filled with fog of their blood.

Qianglong

Jan 29, 2006
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
They should be blown out of the sky with AAA until the air is filled with fog of their blood.

:confused: the violence, is strong in you

speed01

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
The same with those damned Mallards!! I hate those ducks...

Speed

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Qianglong
Nah, this was years ago. Don't let the story fool you, they're mean. Maybe it thought it was being playful, but it liked to... goose people and it would get into fights with our dog.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
I don't mind the ones that migrate, but there are a lot of them that are lazy and stay here year round to sh*t on everything.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Nah, this was years ago. Don't let the story fool you, they're mean. Maybe it thought it was being playful, but it liked to... goose people and it would get into fights with our dog.

They are vicious. They make nests in the summer and lay eggs around my work and they will attack you if you go within their boundaries. It's amusing to watch people flee in terror. :p

There are laws against defending yourself, though. :roll:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Big arse eggs, make big arse omlettes.

As far as the little ones, they are a nuisance. Mom and Pop however make for good eats.

So, let them nest and lay eggs. Once the eggs are about 2/3 from hatching take them and make a yummy casserole. when mom and pop come back with a "WTFBBQEGGS!" response - well they should be your centerpiece.

that's good eats right there.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
And they seem hungry and tired... should i start feeding them?

Also, some goose are nesting eggs...i am thinking of playing with the little goose when the hatch. Aren't these goose just cute?
you do that.

don't forget to report back on how painful it was.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Icepick
They don't like Canadian geese in nearby Scotia, NY. Last year the local government formed a plan to round them up and euthanize them :| because they didn't want them in the town park. Luckily, a group of volunteers decended upon the park and scared the geese away. When the goose population was decreased to only 20 the city abandoned its plans.
http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/?SecID=33&ArID=185461

I wish they would have euthanized them.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
The ones that don't migrate in the Seattle are a hazard to aviation.
I was coming in to pick up a banner once, and another plane spooked them up. I manuevered to aviod, but witnesses watched me bean one with the 6lb. grapple hook. He went into the lake like a lawn dart.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: irishScott
Seagulls are worse :|

True that. My instructor went through a flock of those on an approach and got 13. There was blood and feathers all over the plane.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: sm8000
Damn immigrants should go home

QFT!!

Canada Geese I don't mind too much...they'll usually leave you alone if you stay away from their nests, (but will shat all over the place)...but those dammed Canadian Goose thingies are probably illegally here, and might even be smuggling BC bud into the country, or some other WMD...(weapons of mind dysfunction) ;)