Canada's `Prince of Pot' Ties the Knot

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Canada's `Prince of Pot' Ties the Knot
By Associated Press
Mon Jul 24, 11:25 AM

VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Marc Emery, known as Canada's Prince of Pot, has married a woman who apparently doesn't mind the possibility he could spend much of their marriage in court or a U.S. prison.

"I will support him no matter what happens, in any situation," Jodie Emery, 21, said shortly after Sunday's smoky wedding in Queen Elizabeth Park. "I'm just so happy right now to be married to him."

About 100 guests sat in suits and dresses, many passing marijuana cigarettes beneath a white tent. After the ceremony the bride, wearing a long, white strapless dress, lit up what she called a "wedding doobie" which she and Emery smoked together between kisses.

"I can't imagine a more perfect day," the groom said. "I am so lucky to be married to such a young and beautiful woman."

Emery, 48, head of the British Columbia Marijuana Party and publisher of Cannabis Culture magazine, has said he has sold about $13 million worth of marijuana seeds over the Internet. His Web site, Marc Emery Direct, offered delivery to anyone in the world.

He was indicted a year ago in Seattle on charges of selling marijuana seeds through the mail, conspiracy to manufacture pot and conspiracy to engage in money laundering.

He was arrested, along with Michelle Rainey-Fenkarek and Greg Williams, after police raided his pot paraphernalia store in Vancouver following an 18-month investigation by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. While he was in jail, his bride-to-be transcribed his blogs for posting on the Web.

"We grew closer and spent more time together and that was it," said Emery.

A British Columbia Supreme Court judge is expected to set a date for his extradition hearing Aug. 21.

What if he winds up doing a long prison term in the United States?

"We don't talk about it really," Emery said. "I don't know what will happen to our relationship if that happens, but we just want to focus on getting out the message (of legalization)."

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
Someones been on the ball lately with marijuana-related news items. :blunt;

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
My congrats to Mark and his Bride. :wine:

:music: " For All You Do, This Bud's For You"! :music: ;)

Mikey

Golden Member
Jun 16, 2006
I'm just pissed I wasnt invited at his wedding. Smoking a joint at a wedding sounds is the coolest thing ever! :)