CanadaPost clerk paid shipping on my relief package to NYC(160.00)

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
I sent off the following items:

- 40 pairs of work gloves
- 25 pairs of goggles
- 4 basic first aid kits
- 25 pounds of PREMIUM MRI's
- 5 flashights w/ batteries
- 15 emergency blankets
- 2 pairs of work boots
- 5 collapsable 5gallon water containers

I told her what I was sending and she insisted on paying THE ENTIRE COST OF SHIPPING!! It almost brought me to tears............what a woman!

She couldn't be making more than 10.00CDN/hr at her job so that's a significant amount which makes it even more impressive.

~Jason :)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's a great story. kudos to you for actually doing something too

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
I should also mention that my former employer donated the work gloves, first aid kits, and goggles :)

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
HansHurt,

Excellent job. Also, post the mailing address to send such items, as others herein would probably find items they could send.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
HansHurt,

This is a great story! Thanks for your outstanding support...and thanks to the lady at the Canadian Post!

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
I sent the package to my Mothers friend in NYC so she can disperse the items to the proper agencies.

NYS is not accepting anymore donations currently other than financial, but they WILL put your name on a list and contact you if the need arises depending on what you are offering.

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
I just gave her a hand written card and a strawberry smoothie(her favorite) for being such a heroine.

If she wasn't over 50yrs old and married I would have asked for her hand in marriage. :)

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
truly amazing :) yeah, those folks @ Canada Post rock on!! I've dealt with them many many times, very friendly fellas. Kudos!

Plucky

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< That's great...

She probably gets a pretty hefty discount. :)
>>

I wonder if she does........she never said anything about a discount, and we talked for quite a while.