Canada runs out of bullets...why are we not surprised..

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Well i guess this explains why Canada is loathe to participate in military . I guess paintballs just don't stack up to RPG's...

Canadian Forces' reserve units have run out of ammunition

"The luckiest militia regiments, chiefly in Western Canada and Ontario, have been scrambling to share 400 kits of what's called Simunition, a military-style version of the Paintball game popular a few years ago among civilians.

These kits refit the upper part of the Forces' regulation C-7 rifle with a paintball-type system -- so-called "marking cartridges" replace the regular cartridges, which consist of a brass case, a primer and a 5.56-millimetre bullet -- with the lower part of the rifle left intact.

Even some of those who have warned about the sorry state of the Canadian Forces for years were astonished to learn of the militia's desperate plight."

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Yeah I hear an advance force from Denmark will likely invade from their Greenland outposts any day now . . .
rolleye.gif

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Not to worry there are about 5-7 million firearms owners in Canada with an estimated 18 million firearms
So we should be able to mount an effective militia defence

I've oft read articles 'like 10 years ago' that militaries inc the US never keep enough rounds on hand for protracted engagements. . .
Its sad that we don't have enough for day to day operations!

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

Even some of those who have warned about the sorry state of the Canadian Forces for years were astonished to learn of the militia's desperate plight."

...great time to annex, eh? :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What? Canada has a polar bear problem or are they expecting us to attack. Armies don't sell very well to people who aren't afraid.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Yes they are. . .
But now you have to wait until the fluffy white coat is gone and they grey up before you can club em.
Damn Greenpeace. . ..