Canada declares the Proud Boys a terrorist group

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Canada on Wednesday declared the Proud Boys a terrorist entity, adding the far-right group to a list that includes al-Qaeda, ISIS and al-Shabab as part of an effort to crack down on what senior government officials called one of the country’s “most serious threats.”

Our neighbor to the North: Proudly stating the obvious since 1763!

While our own FBI first responded to the growing violent right wing threat by deciding to focus on black activists.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I wouldn't mind an assessment of what qualified them to be on that list. I thought the idea of being on that list, meant that its members should be hunted down and executed. Like with al-Qaeda and ISIS.

But this seems to be a far more domestic and peaceful notion than the traditional / actual use of the term terrorist group.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I wouldn't mind an assessment of what qualified them to be on that list. I thought the idea of being on that list, meant that its members should be hunted down and executed. Like with al-Qaeda and ISIS.

But this seems to be a far more domestic and peaceful notion than the traditional / actual use of the term terrorist group.
So...instead of your notion or view of The Proud Boys differing from what you knew of them...instead, you would rather change the definition of 'terrorism'. Seems logical. :rolleyes:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Good step. A reasoned reckoning is in order for the USA. Take us down the road to glory or the road to ruin. Our choice.

You know, they call pride the deadly sin. There's a reason.

Of the seven deadly sins, theologians and philosophers reserve a special place for pride. Lust, envy, anger, greed, gluttony and sloth are all bad, the sages say, but pride is the deadliest of all, the root of all evil, and the beginning of sin.

Reactions: Pohemi

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Their bacon sucks, but I like this move. Ever reheat a Hawaiian pizza. You can make shoes out of that stuff.

• Haha

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Their bacon sucks, but I like this move. Ever reheat a Hawaiian pizza. You can make shoes out of that stuff.
I like a tough pizza, and my next will be DIY and will have pineapple on it... :)

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

They should be hunted down and given a fair trial.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
They should be hunted down and given a fair trial.
Nevermind that even confirmed members of ISIS (or other terrorist groups) in the US are NOT simply hunted down and extrajudicially executed. Worst case, they get tossed into Gitmo without charges...sometimes for years.

But...hunted and executed on the spot? Hardly.

Reactions: Perknose

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Lol we don't only have Canadian (peameal) bacon. We have regular (non ham like) bacon. And why would a Hawaiian pizza be leather like?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Lol we don't only have Canadian (peameal) bacon. We have regular (non ham like) bacon. And why would a Hawaiian pizza be leather like?
Seriously, canadian bacon is basically ham. Ham gets tough if you try to reheat it. At some point many years ago I don't know if it was Second City or SNL that joked that Candian Bacon should be called back bacon, so does that mean we eat should call American Cheese, back cheese?
Sorry for the derail. And then there's UK bacon.......

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Hopefully we will follow, lest we become the Pakistan of white supremacist terrorism.

Reactions: Perknose

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Seriously, canadian bacon is basically ham. Ham gets tough if you try to reheat it. At some point many years ago I don't know if it was Second City or SNL that joked that Candian Bacon should be called back bacon, so does that mean we eat should call American Cheese, back cheese?
Sorry for the derail. And then there's UK bacon.......

I think bacon gets an exemption.

You are correct. Pork belly, where American bacon comes from, is predominantly fat, not muscle. Ham is mostly muscle. Like with any animal, reaction to heat is not uniform across the whole animal. Slightly burnt, thick, farm style American bacon is my first choice, but I love them all (in moderation, of course). On a winter day where I know I'm going to be doing stuff outdoors the whole time, that calls for my take on a huge Irish breakfast, with different kinds of bacon standing in for black pudding and tomato. Skip lunch, make the most out of less daylight.

In my kitchen, American cheese is called 'garbage.'

Anyway, I'm thrilled to see Canada set a good example again. We have to get serious about right wing terrorism. Really isn't much room for debate after a violent insurrection that almost crippled our Congress, that and the minimal amount of contrition on the side of the perpetrators. I know firsthand that many in Quebec and New Brunswick care as much about American politics as their own, the number of Trump supporters there having long dismayed me. Sometimes you need good friends to give you a nudge, that's how I see this. To Biden I say Don't stand back, don't stand by. Shut these traitors down, allowing groups bent on sedition and insurrection to operate like they're a damn book club or blog is not a sustainable plan of action. We came dangerously close to seeing dead politicians on the steps of the capitol. One more issue where the Biden admin has to be bold, keep an eye on the clock.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Wow. That really brings me back to some of Rob Ford's greatest hits. I had forgotten his little bro got into it.

Rob 'Plenty to Eat At Home' Ford. That guy was hilarious.

Crack cocaine, hell of drug.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

They deliberately set out to disrupt events and start violence, and played a role in the Capitol riot. Just because they aren't planting bombs (that we know of) doesn't mean they aren't terrorists.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Wow. That really brings me back to some of Rob Ford's greatest hits. I had forgotten his little bro got into it.

Rob 'Plenty to Eat At Home' Ford. That guy was hilarious.

Crack cocaine, hell of drug.

Lol. Guy was jokes.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I think the Republican Party should also be put on the terrorist list. They advocate and facilitate open sedition.
They also excuse it and their elected members who openly advocate assassinating their opposition, their excuse for their party members being that they won elected office. Then they complain that the media don't give them the respect they deserve. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Leeea and Pohemi
Nov 8, 2012
Hopefully we will follow, lest we become the Pakistan of white supremacist terrorism.

YEAP!

And as we all know, the best white supremacist groups are the ones that are led by... non-whites...

wait wut? OH SHIT! Some of this stuff might require critical thinking skills past the age of 6.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
When we flew drones over Afganastan and saw armed militias training to kill americans we dropped bombs on them. Here in the US thousands of militias and millions of gun owners openly discuss overthrowing the US govt and those same folks attempted to overthrow democracy on Jan. 6th and we hear nothing but crickets. WTF?

• Love
Reactions: Muse

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
YEAP!
And as we all know, the best white supremacist groups are the ones that are led by... non-whites...
wait wut? OH SHIT! Some of this stuff might require critical thinking skills past the age of 6.
Shut the fuck up, clown.

Please do not engage in repetitive, pro-forma insults. Specifically, please do not respond to this poster with this one sentence again until, oh, say, next year.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Muse

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
And then there's UK bacon.......

We have all the bacons!
We have streaky bacon, which is like US bacon.
We have gammon, which seems to be like Canadian bacon (as far as I can tell).
We have back bacon, which is like a hybrid of the two.
We have middle bacon, which is streaky and back bacon in one long glorious strip!
(theres a few obscure cuts that you dont see often as well)

We have dry cure, wet cure, smoked or green varieties of all the above.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Muse