• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Canada admits having 30+ Troops in Iraq.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
4,349
0
0
I don't have a link, but Chretien admitted this today. (whoops).
There will also be 2k total units in Afghanistan as well. (surprising).
 

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
29,178
1
81
This is old news...yes, there were some troops on exchange programs and such....they couldn't really recall them..

but its not like they're doing any actual fighting. I heard them being laison officers or something like that.
 

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
4,349
0
0
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
This is old news...yes, there were some troops on exchange programs and such....they couldn't really recall them..

but its not like they're doing any actual fighting. I heard them being laison officers or something like that.
They ARE in combat. (or exposed to it atleast...) which was the current lie. Heck, a repairman (american, british, i can't remember) was just recently killed and he wasn't 'in combat' either.
 

alnitak

Member
Jan 30, 2003
58
0
0
Originally posted by: Phuz
I don't have a link, but Chretien admitted this today. (whoops). There will also be 2k total units in Afghanistan as well. (surprising).
Yes, but on whose side ?!?!?:confused:
 

KenGr

Senior member
Aug 22, 2002
725
0
0
The story I saw said Canada had 30 soldiers in Iraq but it also said they had promised not to shoot anyone.
So all you Canadians (Canadiens?) can go to bed with a clear conscience.

 

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
35,466
1
76
Originally posted by: Phuz
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
This is old news...yes, there were some troops on exchange programs and such....they couldn't really recall them..

but its not like they're doing any actual fighting. I heard them being laison officers or something like that.
They ARE in combat. (or exposed to it atleast...) which was the current lie. Heck, a repairman (american, british, i can't remember) was just recently killed and he wasn't 'in combat' either.
Not to mention the maintenance truck that was ambushed and its crew were executed or held as POW's
 

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
11,983
0
0
Originally posted by: KenGr
The story I saw said Canada had 30 soldiers in Iraq but it also said they had promised not to shoot anyone.
So all you Canadians (Canadiens?) can go to bed with a clear conscience.
try not to think of the 27,000,000 iraqi's you turned your backs on.....
 

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
10,429
1
81
Canada does not have troops in Iraq. There are troops who are Canadian in Iraq however. There is a huge difference (at least politically). The troops that are there are on exchange with the US and/or britain.
 

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
4,349
0
0
Originally posted by: Kenazo
Canada does not have troops in Iraq. There are troops who are Canadian in Iraq however. There is a huge difference (at least politically). The troops that are there are on exchange with the US and/or britain.
Incorrect.
 

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
10,429
1
81
give me a link to the story then, this was how I interpreted what I heard on the news, but hey, i'm open to being wrong.
 

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
5,172
1
81
Originally posted by: Phuz
There will also be 2k total units in Afghanistan as well. (surprising).
Wow! all 2,030 of the canadian army are overseas? what if someone attacks?

:D
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY