Can you turn the power off to your house from the outside?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
By pulling the meter do you mean just ripping it off the wall lol?

And I wasn't going to attempt anything just someone turned my power off a couple of weeks ago to disable my burglar alarm so I'm just interested in how they did that tbh

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
Just about every single burglar alarm I've ever seen has a battery backup and won't disarm simply for a power outage and should give you notification if power is cut. Even if you have a non-monitored system (eg SmartThings or similar) you should get a notification that its offline - which would trigger me calling the cops probably or running home.

Reactions: shoebabe

shoebabe

Sep 25, 2019
What did the police have to say? Have you asked your electric company how someone cut your electric?
House or apartment?
Police were useless although they acknowledged what happened was "suspicious", not spoken to power company I just put a lock on my outside electricity access (thank you to everyone who responded to my post - all very helpful!) and touch wood not had any problems with the electrics since

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk