Can you touch your toes while standing up?

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Only when I was very young was I actually able to do so. At the age of 21, I just found out that it's because I don't have flexible hamstrings, which has also led to me having weak knees. I am now doing a lot more stretching after I work out and hopefully I can see some improvements in a few weeks.

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Yeah I can touch my toes.

I'm sitting down on the chair and i don't even have to stretch!

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
I am one of the most inflexible ba$tards around, but since my wife is a yoga instructor, I have to attend some of her classes, and I have learned a lot about stretching from her. I can touch my toes, barely, mainly because I haven't been going that often (golf season and all). When I do it regularly, I can slip my fingers under my toes. :)

Oh, and :beer: to me for having a yoga instructor wife ;)

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
31, can still put my palms flat on the floor with my knees locked.
mmm, you know what that means don't you? ;)

It means if I ever go to prison and drop the soap, I had better take the advice to lift with my knees and not my back for once in my life.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Have to stretch a couple times to get warmed up but Yes I can. I took TaeKwonDo lessons for a few years and am far more flexible now than I used to be.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
I can get my palms flush on the the floor.

Koing

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
I can't touch my toes while standing up, never could actually. I used to work with this guy who was a black belt, who could touch his FACE to his SHINS. The guy was literally folding himself in half. Made us all cringe every time he did that.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Mojoed
I can't touch my toes while standing up, never could actually. I used to work with this guy who was a black belt, who could touch his FACE to his SHINS. The guy was literally folding himself in half. Made us all cringe every time he did that.

Yeah I got to work my way up to that sometime. Hurts like f0ck but you do it progressively every other day...

Koing

WdnUlik2no

May 5, 2005
I am 28 now I just tried and I still can do it with no problem. I also can still put my feet on my head, but not totally behind my head like I used to.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
No, but only because I was born with short hamstrings. I had to wear special shoes with tall heals to learn to walk. I still think I walk a little funny, but people don't notice.