Can you tell a difference when you change your engine oil? Poll

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Just got around to a well needed oil change and I swear I can feel a differnce in the engine, smoother, etc

Anyone else feel a difference or have I taken way too many drugs in my youth?

(Mobile 1 10w30 in an 03' Ford V6 F150 MT)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
hmmyes, esp when its been a while and the oil is mucky. sometimes i drain and put in new oil at 2500miles or so, just don't bother changing the filter:p

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you all can feel a difference in your engine after changing your oil, you are waiting way too long. :p

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
hmmyes, esp when its been a while and the oil is mucky. sometimes i drain and put in new oil at 2500miles or so, just don't bother changing the filter:p

That is quite possibly the worst thing you could do... other than changing neither. :p

Your (brand/kind of) oil is not as important as your oil filter. Any and all oil becomes useless if it has solid particles in it.

The cheapest oil with the best oil filter would be better than the best oil with the cheapest oil filter.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
if i'm long overdue i can feel the difference, but i keep on a pretty tight schedule, probably change more than i need to, but i'm running 230k miles right now, so the more the merrier i'd say! three vehicles i've changed were like sludge, and i could hear/feel a difference, but that's when i first aquired them, and the previous owner had no clue, they're all running fine right now(well in that regard)

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: faZZter
I can tell the difference.......

My wallet is lighter!

LOL same for me. I can't tell a driving difference.