Can you tell a difference in input lag between these two videos?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I was feeling like this game had a teeny tiny bit of input lag and it didn't feel as "instant" as all of my other gun games when you fire the gun. This specific gun uses a VGA cable to go from the motherboard to the IO board that outputs to the cabinet.

So I tried another VGA cable that was a different brand as someone recommended trying that.

I am curious if you can tell any difference between the two as far as input lag goes. And if so, which one has less input lag.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Yeah, definitely sounds like "Test 2" has lower input lag. I tried to focus on the "click" sound of the trigger, then the "bang" sound in the game.

You may be able to strip the audio and import it into an audio analyzer program, then just look at the time difference between the sound peaks/events.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah, definitely sounds like "Test 2" has lower input lag. I tried to focus on the "click" sound of the trigger, then the "bang" sound in the game.

You may be able to strip the audio and import it into an audio analyzer program, then just look at the time difference between the sound peaks/events.
Yeah I could definitely feel the difference myself, like on the very first shot I took lol. I tried to make sure it clicked fairly loud. The problem with that game is that it's so damn loud so after the initial part where there are like no enemies for a second, it's tough to just focus on the clicking and sound of the bullet firing.

EDIT:

Also the cables that introduce input lag as 3 feet and the one that doesn't have input lag is 6 feet. I'd think shorter would be better so clearly something is up with the build quality of the 3 feet ones.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Got another cable and wondering if anyone can tell difference between these two videos.